Author Topic: A New Slideshow Is Coming  (Read 18488 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: A New Slideshow Is Coming
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 12:30:19 AM »
Another fabulous vignette from 1966 today, with a lovely two-shot of the Mistress of Collinwood and that wonderful harbinger of holiday cheer, Mrs Sarah "Good Times" Johnson!

I wonder if this was the same episode where Davey stole Mrs J's cigarettes after he saw her lighting up in the kitchenette...

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 01:13:56 AM »
Love Julia's death-glare today!  Priceless!

Yesterday's shot with Laura and Maggie was brilliant too.  Thanks so much for these, MB!

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 01:11:52 AM »
Dear Cavada Humphrey.  It would have been so cool to have had Madam Findley return in the Leviathan period to lend a psychic hand--never having died in the first place because Quentin's ghost had never haunted Collinwood (even though that was not how they treated the "changing of history" on the series).

Thanks, MB, for this poignant, memorable shot!

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »
God, how I love Jane Draper!  Today's capture is a wonderful portrait of that paragon amongst women, Mrs Suki Forbes.  What a treat!

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Jane Draper should have been brought back in a recurring role.  I would have loved her dry wit and understated asperity in 1897.

G.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:27 AM »
Suki was ab-fab!  One of those great minor characters that added a real punch to the show.  I wish they would've used her character more.  I'm envisioning her going to Joshua and spilling the beans to get her rightful reward from her self-centered philandering hubby.  Joshua, of course, is concerned, but he has other items on his plate to deal with, so he tells her to take care of Mr. Forbes with his backing, and she'll receive not only her back-pay she expected from Nathan, but even more.  In the course of her making hubby's life miserable, she teams up with Barnabas who has his own reckoning to do with Nathan.  In the process, however, Suki finds out what Barnabas is but remains silent.  When both have received satisfaction from the punishment of the man they both want to pickle, Barnabas becomes concerned about Suki's knowledge of Barnabas' "condition."  Suki, however, assures him that his secret is totally safe with her.  She appreciates his help - and he appreciates hers and they can consider themselves spiritual allies against a common enemy.  So, at the end, she leaves Collinsport, now not only financially secure for the rest of her life, but with Barnabas knowing that somewhere, out there, is a friend just as devoted to him as Ben.

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
I happened to re-watch the episode from which today's snapshot was taken a few weeks ago and I have to say this scene was a hoot!  Mags is more interested in getting her hair right than anything else and poor Mrs J is having a total meltdown.  There's such a surreal energy to this scene.  and it is brilliantly captured here!  Thanks, MB.

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
Not sure if this is the place to comment on this, but I like the Millicent capture today.   Even before I checked, I knew this was new disillusioned Millicent (though she would move on to new illusions later)... she seemed just about ready to go goth, didn't she?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
You know I really dig the snap of Mrs J in the other slide show today.  I just love that apron.

Here's a capture from the Quotes Slideshow:

And two from the History Slideshow on the Robservations board:

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:20 AM »
Thanks for those, MB.  Such great moments featuring that beacon of warmth and conviviality, Sarah Johnson!

You know too how much I adore today's snap of LeviaLiz at her most coldly hostile.  The yin and yang between Willie's delighted cluelessness and Liz's quietly seething asperity has always made this yet another favorite moment from the Leviathan story for me.

Just grand stuff...

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2010, 06:36:45 PM »
I was both delighted and downcast to discover that there's been an entirely SEPARATE slideshow running on the RobinV's Crypt/Robservations page here--and yesterday and today both feature really fun Laura Collins '67 snapshots!

Since we're getting towards the end of when Laura's storyline was wrapping up, I won't have many more of these to enjoy.  But I'll keep checking out this page to see what extra goodies El Misterioso has selected for us fans!

Best wishes,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
The slideshow atop the Robservations board in the same one that ran on the BoardIndax page from June 27, 2005 through June 26, 2008, so you've probably seen most of it multiple time. :)

I was going to retire it and possibly bring it back at some point in the future - but the disappointment expressed when it disappeared made me rethink that idea and put it atop Robservations, where, for all we know, it may run forever.  ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
Very happy you did bring back that old slideshow for the Robservations board, MB.  I've been enjoying the images and thus far, none of them seem all that familiar to me. 

I'm really loving today's shot of PT Julia Collins.  Just wonderful...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2010, 11:49:28 PM »
Here's 1841PT's Julia's capture/quote:

1841PT: Ep #1229 - Julia: 'I'm known for saying what is on
my mind.'

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2010, 02:54:25 AM »
Damn, but today's portrait of Hoffman laying down the law fiercely, epically RULES.

Way to go, MB! 

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 12:14:51 AM »
It's definitely one of my favorite moments from 1970PT:

1970PT: Ep #981 - Hoffman: 'There can only ever be one
mistress of Collinwood.'