Author Topic: MPI DS DVD problems  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: MPI DS DVD problems
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2002, 09:08:30 AM »

The answer to that can be found in your profile. ;)

The quote didn't pick up the previous quote which was a question about "Spirits"

I wasn't sure if your response referred to anyone's profile or specifically DSWayne.  I looked up my profile and I looked up DSWayne and found no clues.

When it started, MB indicated that there would be a new feature to be explained soon and "spirits" were apparently part of the mystery, but nothing has been explained yet.  It has seemed pretty obvious that the Spirits would be MB and Midnite, except if only 1 is here, we don't get to know which one, whereas we are all identified!!

This whole post would be more appropriate on the Testing board, but since the rest of the thread is here . . .
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT: Question about spirits
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2002, 08:43:56 PM »
OT--  (Sorry, Brian... Last time, I puhROMise! :-[)

The quote didn't pick up the previous quote which was a question about "Spirits"

I wasn't sure if your response referred to anyone's profile or specifically DSWayne.  I looked up my profile and I looked up DSWayne and found no clues.

I believe I'm the one that said MB would announce it, and I don't want to step on toes by announcing updates when it's not my place.  Anyway, Josette, a user accesses his or her own profile through the menu that runs across the top and bottom of just about any forum page.  If you're also checking DSWayne's then I'm thinking you're probably not using the menu bar.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Question about spirits
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2002, 09:40:47 PM »
I'm sorry, Brian, too. :-[

Anyway, Josette, a user accesses his or her own profile through the menu that runs across the top and bottom of just about any forum page.  If you're also checking DSWayne's then I'm thinking you're probably not using the menu bar.

That's right. You were accessing the profile page that anyone can see, Josette. You have to access your own full profile to learn the secret of the spirits.

I'm happy to say that at least one of your fellow "cousins" learned the secret and has already crossed into the spirit realm.

Beyond this I plan to say nothing. Some upgrades are just too much fun to completely explain. It's a lot more exciting if you come upon them on your own. Hints have been dropped in this thread as well as in "*J.A.D.Q." on "Testing. 1, 2, 3...". [wink2]

And now getting back to Brian - my DVDs haven't arrived yet, even though they shipped on June 3rd.  >:(  But once they do, I will get back on topic and post about how they work with my player.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2002, 10:35:33 PM »
I'm happy to say that at least one of your fellow "cousins" learned the secret and has already crossed into the spirit realm.

I know, I said I wasn't going to say anything else, but I just can't resist mentioning that at least two more people have entered the realm of the spirit. ;)

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2002, 09:29:40 AM »

I know, I said I wasn't going to say anything else, but I just can't resist mentioning that at least two more people have entered the realm of the spirit. ;)

Now, you're really driving me crazy!!!

I think you both misunderstood my comments on the profile.  I DID access my own - but found no hints to spirits.  Since the answer had been directed specifically to DSWayne, I looked up what I could find on him - obviously I can't access his actual profile.

Apparently my guess was wrong, but I'm certainly puzzled!! :)
Josette

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2002, 10:26:14 PM »

When the Dark Shadows eps with Craig Slocum are put on DVD, then I will buy them. Until then, it's MPI tapes. I've had them for 4 years and so far only had to replace one tape.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jes61356

• I love DS! Was a Barnabas lookalike at one time
    • View Profile
    • creator of unearthly harvest the horror movie
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2002, 06:30:27 AM »
I had all kinds of trouble with my Zenith dvd player. And it was a high end model. Zenith to their credit tried their best to fix it but after 4 times in the shop and waiting over 6 months for their newest software upgrade I gave up and demanded my money back. Every time they had a new software upgrade I hoped it would stop my dvd player troubles but it never happened and my player spent more time in the Zenith service center then with me. The D.S. Highlights dvd released by MPI was one of the many it would lock up on.

I received a full refund on the money I paid for my Zenith dvd player because I kept the original receipt plus all repair correspondence. I then bought a high end Sony player and have not had 1 dvd I have had problems with since that time.

I would really love to see both "House of Dark Shadows" and "Night of Dark Shadows" restored to their original length and on dvd. Right now I have the 2 laserdiscs MGM released of those movies. They have no extras except the trailers. I won those with a laserdisc player in a TV Guide contest MGM sponsored. The first time I had ever won anything.

"Dark Shadows" definately has influenced me as an actor and filmmaker. I did Barnabas for PBS and their telthon drive to raise money to keep the show on the air at that time in the Quad Cities. I have pictures that were taken of my resemblance to Barnabas. It took me about 2 hours to do my makeup and I made my friend up as the "Werewolf" character for the telethon. I got a letter of appreciation from the studio for the authentic look of our costumes and the work we did to enhance their telethon. I enjoyed doing that and we raised over $8,000 in one 30 minute period and kept the show on PBS for another year at that time till they ran out of episodes.

As an independent filmmaker I am now working on my first feature film a Horror film titled "Unearthly Harvest" I'm sure that "Dark Shadows" inspired me in some way to do this. It's about a couple of eldery ladies who take in mysterious visitors and soon after people begin to die! It also has a interwoven love story between two of the characters. A college boy who is a border at the house an a mysterious girl who is part of the coven who comes to stay. Original music is going to be composed for it by a composer in California and I am going for a theatrical release. I have already put $32,000 into this film shot on 16mm film. We will begin editing in August. And it will cost me another $30,000 to finish it with all the lab costs. For those of you who would like to know more about it the movie web page site is http://www.jesvideo.com. Click on the big green title and your there.