Author Topic: New Dark Shadows Book  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
New Dark Shadows Book
« on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »
The Physics of Dark Shadows
by Frank Borzellieri

http://www.culturalstudiespress.com/physics_of_dark_shadows

I just ordered it, looks interesting

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Dark Shadows Book
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:04:05 AM »
I heard you can actually travel back in time, if you can build something that can travel 186,000 miles
per second. I heard that on "The History Channel" several years ago. So I wonder did Barnabas traveled
that fast by using I-Ching?

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:31:38 AM »
The author, Frank Borzellieri, wrote a politicially oriented book several years ago which strongly advicated many conservative ideas. Now he is suddenly a physicist? Either there are two authors by the same name or this guy is a jack of all trades, so to speak ...
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »
The original archived topic:
Re: New DS Book!  The Physics of Dark Shadows
states that he teaches journalism, and yes, he is also an author, columnist and speaker, but his political views are off topic.

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »
Surely you can understand being surprised when someone you were previously familiar with exclusively as a political writer (yes, I had heard of him before) is suddenly writing a physics book, right? The two are a very unlikely combination to say the least. That was all I was saying ... It seems like people interpreted me as questioning this gentleman's credentials; I most certainly was not.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »
Hey Garth, I saw Frank's page on amazombie too and thought those previous pubs of his could put a few more curls into our own beloved Count Petofi's wiglet!

The comments regarding the content of same, in fact, were of a tone that reminded me of none other than ... the *original* Garth Blackwood!  Holy Hecate!

Still, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, eh?  (yes, I *am* going to Ontario soon)

Oh, as to time travel via the I Ching--it had nothing to do with physics, but everything to do with mysticism and eclectic 1920s occult explorations--I found the source for the notion in a book about Aleister Crowley (one of the inspirations for the Count Petofi character, btw) and some experiments he did with the I Ching and a form of "time travel" that was more like past-life regression.

cheers! GotheeeeEEEK

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »
The comments regarding the content of same, in fact, were of a tone that reminded me of none other than ... the *original* Garth Blackwood!  Holy Hecate!

LOL!!! Well put Goth. I think I missed a reference--- what does your going to Ontario have to do with anything??  [ghost_shocked]