Author Topic: DS - Appropriate for Children?  (Read 3879 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS - Appropriate for Children?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2002, 06:03:11 AM »
Aw, that's really sweet!

It's also self-preservation. ;D

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2002, 03:38:48 AM »

Oh gawd, yeah, when you bring Italian Grandmas into the equation...!  Mine didn't even approve of pepper on food, LOL, so there was no way I was going to tell them that a show I watched every day after school had witches, warlocks, vampires and ghosts unless I wanted them calling in a priest.  And they both spent a lot of time at my house, so I'm sure its a good thing in this case that they spoke very little English. ;)

Now you two are bringing back memories!  My grandparents had lived in northern Europe and did not discount the supernatural, at least when it came to ghosts.  I dimly remember one of those made-for-TV movies that was pretty spooky, "When Michael Calls," that they enjoyed.  (And my grandmother liked Daphne du Maurier's novels.)  Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing that one again. There were some good made-for-TV movies (scary and otherwise) in the '70s.  Another one that I wish were available is "Death Takes a Holiday" with Yvette Mimieux.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2002, 05:21:29 AM »
Sorry to say my Italian Grandmother didn't like me.  My mother is Irish, and that about says it all.  My Dad was the oldest son so his marrying an Irish girl was not high on her list.  I didn't score big either because as a kid I didn't eat the home made pasta, or the Italian cookies.  The best reason for going there was the penny candy store two doors up the street.  It really was too bad because my Mother's parents had passed away and I didn't have a real grand parent experience.  
My children have my Mom.  My older two remember my Dad.  My husband parents passed away before we were married.

How do I weave this into the DS talk? Beats me.  I know she would never have watched Dark Shadows.  I am not even sure she had a T.V.  I don't remember it ever being on.  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth