Author Topic: Did you think Roxanne was pretty?  (Read 4534 times)

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
Re: Did you think Roxanne was pretty?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 03:20:33 AM »
Taeylor - Sorry, that's a carry-over from another forum, where it's generally preferred to use text-based emotes as opposed to image-based ones. XD is "died laughing"; cock your head to the left and you'll see it. XP is essentially the same thing, but with the P representing a mouth with the tongue sticking out to indicate general silliness rather than a D for a laughing grin. Extra D's and P's may be added for extra effect; for example, something funny warrants an XD, whereas something hilarious warrants XDDDD.

And that is why I need to remember to use the ghost emotes on here in the future. [ghost_rolleyes]

Oh, and a quick rundown of your other question:

CTRL + C = Copy
CTRL + X = Cut
CTRL + V = Paste

I learned those from a sprite comic tutorial I took last year.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »
Thanks GOOBER.  I have been trying to get your negative points up.  I don't know why anyone would cure you.  You are a great asset to the board and I love having people here of all ages, backgrounds, etc. YOU just got a curse from me for the help!!  Thanks again.  I am pretty good at computers but haven't been in school in 12 years!  OLD!  LOL JK!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 05:56:23 AM »
The board won't let you copy, except you can do it by highlighting, then going to "Edit" at the top of the screen, and clicking "copy"; then when you're at the spot you want to paste something into, go to the top, "Edit", and click on "paste" this time.   MB explained this once I think.  All this is for people like me who don't deal with the keyboard much.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
Thanks, and it's no trouble. I was thinking about my high cure points earlier. They were beginning to make me feel self-conscious.  [ghost_wub]  Either a lot of people don't know how to use the Karma system properly, or I'm just not very well-liked around here.  [ghost_tongue2] Fresh-baked cookies, anyone?
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.