Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0556  (Read 1460 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0556
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0556
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »
I love the idea of a room outside time.  I suppose the window of that room must be boarded up, so that Vicky can't look out and see life happening - but even if she can look out, that might not prove anything.  Imagine being shut up in that room forever, with nothing changing, not even yourself.  At least it would be better than being chained up in a coffin, I suppose.

I don't understand why it was necessary to go through all the rigmarole to get Vicky's ring.  Some Vaseline on her finger while she was asleep would have done the job, or even some magic of the sort that Cassandra used to open the door to Adam's room at Collinwood - but I guess it was more fun to terrorize Vicky.

That plan of Nicholas's sounded just a bit ridiculous today.  A race of superbeings.  I kept waiting for Angelique to say, "Hey, I'm human, so what's so bad about the human race?"   And then I started imagining a championship match-up between the human race and the super race, with people cheering their favorite team...bets taken...popcorn, anybody?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:22:28 AM »
I love it that Nicholas made Angelique a vampire. Now she knows how Barnabas felt when he was a vampire! Poetic justice...  [ghost_grin]

Nicholas' idea of a race of superhumans seems like a precursor to the Leviathans. I wonder if the writers at this time knew they were going to have a Leviathan storyline about 2 years later? [ghost_huh]

Adam really gets on my nerves now. He's so obnoxious! [ghost_angry] I liked him so much better when he was innocent, before Nicholas got ahold of him. Nobody bothered to tell him about love, that it is possible to love another after a loved one dies. Adam is totally being controlled by Nicholas. Adam wouldn't have concocted the plan to kidnap Vicki to get what he wants by himself.  [ghost_nowink] Nicholas sure does enjoy being in control - he controls both Angelique and Adam, with differing degrees of success .  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »
I hate stories involving hostages-taking, in general.    Adam making the same threat after Vicki was free again seemed silly, too.   He wanders around freely, stopping in to have conversations about possible future rampages, while Vicki and the Coillinses are blissfully ignorant and go about their lives.....  I know they couldn't afford to hurt him, but aren't we missing something?     Couldn't they have dealt with him without the rather extreme long drawn-out excrutiating process of graverobbing and cadaver-stitching?

Yes, some real conversations about life come to mind.   At worst, tricking him into the basement or someplace, locking the door, and then having conversations.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
Vickie was so gullible in many ways. I do get tired of her being kidnapped.

I did like Angeliques costume, the orange did look good on her.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 11:37:10 PM »
I kinda wish the writers had found a way to make Adam find another way to force Barnabas and Julia to do the experiment. Or at least find someone else that Barnabas cared for for Adam to use as bait for a mate. How many times has Vicki been kidnapped now? [ghost_rolleyes]

Yay! Angelique the vampire. I love it. [ghost_cool] That was one good thing that came out during all this Adam/kidnapping/threats mess. I especially can't wait until [spoiler] she attacks Barnabas and puts him under her thrall. [/spoiler] I always love to watch that sub-plot. [ghost_smiley]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:45:04 AM »
Well, say goodbye to that brunette wig.  I imagine it's moldering away in some deserted costume vault somewhere right next to Julia's.

I don't get Nicholas's plan.  Even if he creates an Eve, their KIDS won't be any different from regular human kids will they?  I mean they're only putting together people from old body parts.  Doesn't that mean that they still have the same old DNA the rest of us have?  Why does he think their offspring will turn out to be the vanguard of some great new "super race" if the basic building blocks are still the same old ones that have been a part of the human race from the beginning?

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 08:02:59 AM »
No one wants to risk telling the Devil that he's uninformed about DNA I guess.   

The idea is totally "spiritual"... God made all of us, but he didn't make this Adam and Eve, so they're a new race unconnected to God.  I guess that being ungodly automatically makes you Devilly, even though Satan didn't make them any more than God did.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 08:08:14 AM »
I love your observations Magnus they are so much fun to read.  I think your statement pretty much sums it up.  I wish I was so smart as to think of such things! [ghost_wub]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/