Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0550  (Read 1286 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0550
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0550
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »
Well, Stokes sure bungled things.  It's not terribly surprising: he was in a tough spot.  But why oh why did he tell Adam that the reason Carolyn didn't love Adam was that she was rich and sophisticated?  Adam has read Elizabeth Barrett Browning's love poems; now what he needs to do is to read some of the thousands of poems that have been written about unrequited love, and to understand that these things happen, and you just have to grit your teeth and live through them.  Unfortunately, it was necessary to the plot for Adam to learn what his beginnings were, so Stokes bungled things.

Earlier on, Stokes nearly bungled things with Vicky, too.  I guess the impression that was being pushed was that Stokes was simply not adept at social interaction, but it didn't work for me.  It just wasn't the way we've seen Stokes before.

There has been some discussion here and there of whether Adam raped Carolyn.  Looking at her today, I couldn't say for sure, but looking at Adam, I would say definitely not.  If he had raped Carolyn, he would have had a whole lot more to think about than just "Why doesn't Carolyn love me?"

What was the crisis in the kitchen that Carolyn and Vicky dealt with?  Carolyn said that Mrs. Johnson was ready to quit.  Did Carolyn take something for a meal of Adam's that Mrs. Johnson had intended to use for tonight's dinner?  Or did the sink back up?  Or was the kitchen poltergeist more active than usual?  Or what?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 02:53:14 AM »
Yes, indeed, Prof. Stokes sure did blow it with Adam!  [8311] Adam still didn't know where babies come from. [spoiler]It would have helped for Adam to know this, because he later went to Barnabas thinking Barnabas created him - as if Barnabas was God and created everybody - and demanded that Barnabas create a mate for him. It was obvious that Adam had no concept of where babies come from as he spoke to Barnabas. Barnabas had a hard time and wasn't able to tell Adam the truth about where babies come from, and that the way Adam came to being was different from how everyone else did.  [ghost_huh][/spoiler] Adam was starting to see himself as others saw him, and realized he was different. Poor Adam! [cryg]

I thought Vicki looked pretty today with her hair back, wearing that blue dress. Blue is her color! [ghost_wink] I found it amusing when Vicki started to walk away from Prof. Stokes. You go, girl! [cheer] I'm glad that he was able to salvage the conversation. The scenes between her and Jeff were very sweet. Unlike what others here think, I think they made an attractive and cute couple.  [love3]

What was the crisis in the kitchen that Carolyn and Vicky dealt with?
I wondered that myself. [ghost_huh]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
Adam still didn't know where babies come from.
LOL, EmeraldRose!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »
I too think that Jeff and Vicki are a cute couple. But I do think Jeff can be hot-headed at times, but his proposing to Vicki on the terrace was a cute scene I thought. I kind of felt sorry for Adam though, when he was watching them kiss from the window of his room. It must have seemed to him that everyone was finding love and happiness except him.

But I can't really blame Carolyn for wanting to get rid of Adam at the moment. He really got violent with her (short of rape), and she was so shook up at the moment.

Professor Stokes really should have explained better exactly HOW Adam really was different from other people. It might have made a difference. Telling Adam how he was brought to life, but not telling him how other people were was a mistake.

The crisis that Carolyn and Vicki were attending to in the kitchen....could it have been another boiled pudding of Mrs. Johnson's gone astray?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 05:57:29 PM »
Adam could have gone downstairs and got an evening snack and left a mess in the
kitchen. 

I also belive that Stokes messed up. I don't feel that he felt comfortable in talking
about the subject.  This is where Julia could have come in and helped, if Adam didn't
that that he could trust her.

I can also say that the knife was also really small.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 06:50:48 AM »
Man, that Prof. Stokes sure was in a snarky mood today.  First, he makes the comment to Carolyn, "Miss Stoddard, are you a woman given to melodramatics?", translation: "Are you some sort of hysteric who doesn't have a job or attend school and spends all day in a spooky old house coming up with little dramas to fill your empty life"?  Then for no reason whatsoever he gets all uppity with Vickie even though she is trying to help him.  What did that guy have for breakfast?