Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0549  (Read 842 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0549
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0549
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 03:05:17 AM »
In the first scene with Adam and Carolyn, when they stood near the table and Adam leaned over Carolyn and held onto her arms, it almost seemed to me like blue-screening with the distances slightly miscalculated.  Robert Rodan's frame is so much bigger than Nancy Barrett's that it was if she had been slightly miniaturized.

I like Nicholas's house, both inside and out, and I enjoyed the conversation between Nicholas and Roger.  The awkwardness was very nicely written.

The last scene was pretty creepy, all in all.  What's Nicholas doing with Cassandra in a coffin?  An old, unrecognizable dead woman, rapidly decomposing to the skeleton she ought to be after nearly 200 years.  And he talks to it!  After all the scorn he heaped on Cassandra, she's still the only one he can talk to - is that it?  He's supposed to be above human weakness - but he needs somebody to talk to, so he uses a corpse in a coffin in a candlelit room.  Creepy.
[spoiler]Yeah, I know Angelique's a vampire now, and that since Nicholas is wearing a fancy dressing gown, it's probably after dark and Angelique's alive and able to hear him - but the audience isn't supposed to know it at this point.  And the real situation is not exactly apple-pie wholesome, either.[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 03:25:50 AM »
Nick and the coffin-- This was one of those times when I really wished I didn't know what was going to happen.    That was a creepy point in the story, if one can simulate not knowing the future.   I hadn't managed to make myself forget what happens to Ang, trhough I did make myself forget this board's discussion of [spoiler]Quentin as a zombie[/spoiler] and was taken aback by that.    My kingdom for truly selective amnesia.

I liked Nick's house's exterior and interior too.   I know it was Lang's place, but was the actual fictional Nick house ever used fictionally before or since by anyone else?    Was this the place 1995 Carolyn lived?   It's hard to tell what that was supposed to be with the clutter, I think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 02:11:04 AM »
This episode was both scary and creepy. [ghost_shocked]

When Adam was forcing himself upon Carolyn and didn't let her out of the room, it was very scary! [shkdb] As I was watching, I was quite uncomfortable, and felt like a voyeur. I think this kind of violence from Adam is worse than the other kind.  In my opinion, what made it worse was the fact that Adam was so much bigger and stronger than Carolyn. It reminds me how easy it is for a man to do that to a woman, and makes me fear for my own safety. [ghost_undecided] Damn that Nicholas for corrupting Adam! [ghost_mad]

Of course, the creepy scene was the one in the end when Nicholas was speaking to Angelique's coffin. Very chilling! [shkdg]

Nicholas was quite cagey with Roger when he never revealed what he does for a living.  I also like the "House by the Sea". [ghost_wink]

I loved it when Barnabas and Julia returned to the old house and were surprised to find Angelique's body gone! [winkg] It probably would have scared me to death!  [ghost_blink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »
This episode really was disturbing. This is the episode where Nicholas starts to lead Adam astray. Adam takes the "take what you want" route way too far. [ghost_closedeyes] I don't think he rapes Carolyn, but he does get way too rough with her. No wonder she wanted to get out of there.   [ghost_closedeyes]

I kind of suspected that we hadn't seen the last of Angelique the first time we saw this. Without her to torment and punish, Nicholas wouldn't have any more fun, now would he?  [ghost_cheesy]