Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0542  (Read 1052 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0542
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:59:23 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0542
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »
Robert Rodan is doing a wonderful job with Adam.  He looks just as silly as a boy experiencing his first crush ought to look.

Craig Slocum, on the other hand, is making the least of Harry Johnson's potential.  Harry looked stone cold sober coming home from the Blue Whale, and he doesn't come across as a man who has done time in prison, and he doesn't appear to be as sneaky as he ought to be.  He's an ex-con sniffing around wherever he can to find something that he can work to his advantage - but he looks like a clean-cut boy home from school.

We got a couple of close-ups of Mrs. Johnson's collar today, and I liked it.  Nice color, nice material, nice shape.  I like Peter Pan collars.  I remember liking the caretaker's Peter Pan collar.

Since I had never read through Sonnets From the Portuguese before, it took me a little time to find that "widest land" quote, because it's the end of a poem, not the beginning.  Here's the whole sonnet:

Go from me. Yet I feel that I shall stand
Henceforward in thy shadow. Nevermore
Alone upon the threshold of my door
Of individual life, I shall command
The uses of my soul, nor lift my hand
Serenely in the sunshine as before,
Without the sense of that which I fore-bore—
Thy touch upon the palm. The widest land
Doom takes to part us, leaves thy heart in mine
With pulses that beat double. What I do
And what I dream include thee, as the wine
Must taste of its own grapes. And when I sue
God for myself, He hears that name of thine
And sees within my eyes the tears of two.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:58:08 AM »
Thanks for posting the complete sonnet, Lydia. [bigok] It's beautiful.

Poor Barnabas. He was trying to find Adam, and Carolyn wasn't helping him. [ghost_sad]

Also, poor Adam - having to spend time alone. [cryb] At least he had books to read so he could become a more learned man. It was cute to watch Carolyn and Adam together.  Adam was turning into a smitten adolescent.  [luv] It's sweet that Adam cared enough about her to listen to what she said.

I don't blame Mrs. Johnson for suspecting Harry of stealing food.  It's too bad that she did, though.  Harry wasn't guilty, and she found it hard to believe him. [ghost_nowink] But Harry was true to form when he explored the West Wing and found Adam.  [ghost_shocked] Harry was too curious for his own good.  [ghost_rolleyes] But it's not the only time someone went to the West Wing and found danger! [spoiler] It won't be too long before David and Amy find Quentin in the West Wing! [/spoiler]

It was great to watch Julia warning Barnabas. She loved him so much. Unfortunately, he didn't love her in that way. [cryg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 03:02:03 PM »
I think Carolyn didn't tell Barnabas about Adam was because she was afraid he'd turn Adam over to the police....Barnabas said he didn't intend to harm him, but that doesn't wouldn't necessarily mean he wouldn't go blabbing to the police about Adam's whereabouts.

But we know Barnabas wouldn't. One, Adam is, for better or worse, Barnabas' "security" from the vampire curse. Second, now that Adam can talk a little bit better now, it would do Barnabas much more harm than good to turn Adam over to the authorities. Especially since Sheriff Patterson was so suspicious of him.

Also Carolyn now knows about the hostility between Adam and Barnabas....a meeting between these two just might be explosive. [spoiler] And it will be too...the next time Adam and Barnabas meet, Adam will be demanding Barnabas create a mate for him and will take drastic action when Barnabas refuses. [/spoiler]

Harry hasn't learned a thing from prison obviously. I suspect breaking and entering might have been his crime (or maybe one of them) that he got sent away for.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
Harry hasn't learned a thing from prison obviously. I suspect breaking and entering might have been his crime (or maybe one of them) that he got sent away for.

I don't know about the B&A part (though I wonder how many kids tested Harry's technique after watching this episode ;)), but larceny for sure going by his mother's comment that getting "itchy fingers again" would land him back in prison for good.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 05:54:25 AM »
Carolyn reacted as if she is doing something bad.

I guess she forgot the hold that Barnabas had over her. Did Barnabas make her forget?

It is too bad that his mother thought the worst of him, and I agree he didn't look drunk.

By the way I do like what Julia was wearing today.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate