Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0538  (Read 833 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0538
« on: May 07, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0538
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
Yesterday was sublime, and today was ridiculous.  I loved both.

Yesterday there were three flowers on Barnabas's grave: one purple, one yellow, and one red.  Today the red one was missing.  What does that mean?

I loved Professor Stokes's line when Julia told him she and Willie had buried Barnabas: "You had a coffin?"

And then at the grave, he commented that they had 25 minutes to dig up the coffin, and he wasn't used to this work.  Golly, in 25 minutes he dug a huge hole with beautifully smooth perpendicular sides.  I'd like to see how he does when he's in shape.

Couldn't they have gotten the makeup artist to do something about the interior of Robert Rodan's mouth?  We got several close-ups of it, and it was not a pretty sight.

Oh, gosh, what a fool Barnabas is.  When he went racing to Angelique to gloat over her defeat, I found myself thinking that
[spoiler]he really was in love with her all along, as he declared in 1840.[/spoiler]
Somebody needs to sit him down and explain to him in words of one syllable or less the concept of a low profile.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
I found it curious that all Julia needed was a pencil and a little piece of paper to figure out how much time there was before the air was gone in Barnabas' coffin! I wonder what she was calculating and how she did it? [ghost_huh]

I loved the double screen showing Barnabas and Adam both gasping for breath and making the same movements! It was quite thrilling! [shkdg] It looked really great. [winkg]

I also loved it when Barnabas saw his reflection in the mirror and when he surprised Cassandra.  [ghost_cheesy] Barnabas sure did love to gloat, didn't he? [ghost_wink]

I wish Julia had told Prof. Stokes about Barnabas. [spoiler]It's so strange to me that Prof. Stokes never found out Barnabas' secret. I'm sure that he would have been discreet and a great help to Barnabas and Julia had he known. [/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
[spoiler]If they told Stokes, think of the series of questions he's likely to ask...  asking for a list of vampire victims might come first.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 12:51:50 AM »
I think Barnabas had every right to gloat to Cassandra....heaven knows she's gloated whenever she thinks she's gotten the upper hand on him. And it's not like she wouldn't have found out about him eventually anyway.

It would have been nice to see Barnabas and Julia confide in Professor Stokes about Barnabas' true history, but I can see why they didn't. How did they know he wouldn't have tried to expose Barnabas in some way? I don't think he would have, but why take the chance?

It was nice of Carolyn wanting to hide Adam (and Collinwood too of all places, how ingenious). [spoiler] Too bad she eventually regrets it when he falls in love with her and she gets frusterated in how to deal with it. [/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 01:17:39 AM »
I would think that Stokes already knew that something was up.

My one comment was. Did you realize how clean everyones clothes were. Don't you
get dirty digging and knealing at a grave site.

Also in DS the dawn always look the same.  [ghost_rolleyes]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate