Author Topic: New DS Book! The Physics of Dark Shadows  (Read 8933 times)

Offline sallycollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New DS Book! The Physics of Dark Shadows
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
Tad,
I agree with what you said about Frank's book (so far) but not with your terible accusation toward me :) By the way, should you be on line while you're supposed to be working??
Sally
Sally Collins

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2008, 01:33:25 PM »
Interview with the author posted over at Dark Shadows Journal Online: http://www.collinwood.net/features/frank.htm
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
Interesting that both the book cover and the posting uses a photo of Thayer David as Nero Wolfe. At least I'm pretty sure it's a Nero Wolfe publicity still. Unlike the other photos on the cover of the other actors, it's not from anything DS related.

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »
Interview with the author posted over at Dark Shadows Journal Online: http://www.collinwood.net/features/frank.htm

Thanks so much for posting this link. I was fortunate enough to have seen the time travel presentation on Sunday by Frank, but this is awesome as well.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »
I cannot wait to read this.  It sounds extraordinarily fascinating!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 09:08:17 PM »
I had stopped reading this thread back in June and was charmed to see the news about Wendy/Josette K.

Josette was one of the fans who interviewed Grayson Hall in the Spring of '73, an interview which now circulates as a tape recording one of the fans made at the time (I think it was Wendy herself).  The interview starts with Grayson describing how things look in the apartment.  She did that at Wendy's request because being blind, Wendy couldn't see what Grayson had in her home.

There is a photo of Wendy with Grayson and, I think, another fan, from that visit, that I have seen.  I think in one of the photos from another occasion, Wendy somehow or other wound up being mis-identified as Alex Moltke.

G.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »
I think we're teetering on the edge of Trekism here  [ghost_undecided]

Indeed. I was just watching a biography of Star Trek yesterday where the actors said that alot of the concepts created for the show, such as the communicators, warp drive, etc., which may have been a gifted writer's dream in 1967 have, in fact, become reality. Who knew?
I will definately be buying Frank's book. It sounds keen.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:03 PM »
I'd rather hear Grayson describing her living space than answering 'what was it like to work with so-and-so'.  That's a nice approach to an interview, whatever the reason.

As far as Trek, in the early days it was very much based on the kinds of ideas in printed science-fiction, and yes, they thought that at least some of these inventions would happen one day.   They just had little way of knowing which ones.   They put a lot of thought into what future technology might actually be like.   That's one thing that made Trek so special.   Networks just wanted "entertainment"....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 01:42:44 AM »
I started to buy this the book the other day and went with two DVD of DS. I wanna build my collection.  I have a fear of them going out of print on DVD.  Is the interview the one Bobubas has.  I need to get that soon too.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/