Author Topic: DS Closing Credits  (Read 2859 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
DS Closing Credits
« on: June 02, 2002, 08:03:50 AM »
Hi guys!....I just wanted to share with everyone my feelings about the DS closings.I think it's cool how they show the different sets,exteriors,dreams(episode 478 ),and more.It sets a spooky,eerie mood.Sometimes the actors names slowly appear on the screen and then slowly dissapear and another and so on.....I think that is kinda mysterious also.It was just really clever the way it was designed.So, I would like to know what was some of you guys' favorite closing settings?..A few of my faves are: The exterior of Tower room,The exterior of The Old House,the dream(ep 478 ),The Blue Whale,Julia's office at Wyndcliffe,The lobby of the Collinsport hospital, and last but not least, The Foyer at Collinwood.Ok guys...let me know which are your faves..-Adra  :D
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re: DS Closing Credits
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 09:22:50 AM »
I like those rare times when so much is happening that they barely have time to get the Dan Curtis Productions logo up.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
hiRe: DS Closing Credits
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 10:16:12 AM »
I remember seeing the Eagle Hill Cemetary as one of the closing credits. It was during the time that Barnabas had kidnapped Maggie and tried to turn her into his beloved Josette, so it was pretty creepy seeing that scene as a closing credit.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 04:04:21 PM »
I love anything that has to do with the old house.  The sitting room, the outside shot, Josettes' room...anything.  

I think this is because its Barnabas' house and he is very particular it.  Poor Willie, Barnabas should get him a few day workers.  It just seems that its (the old house) wearing him down.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2002, 05:17:29 PM »
I like anything with the Old house too!Love all those old rooms! when I first watched the show as a child i always wished i lived in a big old creaky house to explore! That house was always my favorite!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

hooked

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2002, 05:54:08 PM »
I love those shots too.  I like the one that shows the inside of the Blue Whale because I want to copy it in my basement (well close anyway)  ..  Id like to have that stained glass window incorporated into my house too (someday) so thats a good one.  There is no bad Dark Shadows scene except for that one on the last show.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 12:18:22 AM »
My favorite was seeing Thayer David walk onto the set grinning happily, then seeing the camera was on and freezing! I can't remember which set it was though. One of those moments where a lot of personality came through and a rare blunder for a talented actor.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2002, 12:38:07 AM »

My favorite has to be the one where somebody goofed and left off everyone's name except for Craig Slocum, and the copyright date was 1966 instead of 1968. It also had an exterior shot of the Old House that was really nice. What little music they managed to get in there was good too.  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2002, 01:45:43 AM »
My favorite closing credit is the completed wall in the 1795 death of Trask episode.  ;D

ProfStokes

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2002, 02:42:43 AM »
Hello again guys!....It's nice to know that you all have fav. closings also....one of you said something about all of the closings being good except for the last show...what was it?-thanks...Adra ;D
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2002, 10:31:59 AM »
i believe the closing shot during the last episode was the foyer room of collinwood. my favorite closing credits was also the foyer room but during early 1897 when JONATHAN FRID walked by carrying his wordrobe! its one of the few moments i remember from the original broadcast in 1969.theres 1 episode where they change the setting during the credits from vickis room to the foyer room. dont think they did that before or ever again. i think the most unique/strange credit shot was during leviathan and it was a shot of a animatronic clown!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2002, 07:51:46 PM »
i believe the closing shot during the last episode was the foyer room of collinwood. my favorite closing credits was also the foyer room but during early 1897 when JONATHAN FRID walked by carrying his wordrobe! its one of the few moments i remember from the original broadcast in 1969.theres 1 episode where they change the setting during the credits from vickis room to the foyer room. dont think they did that before or ever again. i think the most unique/strange credit shot was during leviathan and it was a shot of a animatronic clown!

Loved the Frid one Joe but was the clown after the episode of the David Collins dream?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2002, 09:03:35 PM »
yes but i think it was lizs dream or vision with david in it

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2002, 09:18:16 PM »
My favorite closing credit is the completed wall in the 1795 death of Trask episode.  ;D

I'm glad somebody else thought of this one. It was the most memorable of the series for me.
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2002, 10:33:54 PM »
Hi,

Thayer David comes on camera during the closing credits of an episode that should be among those screened this week (unless, of course, Sci Fi decides to run a LEXX chain reaction in place of DS--lol!).

And, appropriately enough, it is the set of Prof Stokes' living room that he walks onto.

Gothick