Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0528  (Read 861 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0528
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0528
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »
Cassandra was a real bitch to Vicki, threatening to fire her if she didn't stay at Collinwood. First of all, Cassandra is NOT the mistress of the house, Carolyn is. Second, Vicki is more than just an employee to the Collins family, by this time she IS a part of the family.

I suppose if push came to shove, Cassandra could have bewitched Roger into forcing Vicki to choose between a vacation and her job, but there is still Carolyn and David who would still kick up a fuss.

I loved watching Nicholas giving Cassandra a hard time, she deserves it! He was full of some classic lines too, the surburban housewife crack, how he's much too talented to be drugging drinks and how it makes him feel like an apprentice. He was so funny.

I wish Jeff could have been more understanding about Vicki wanting to protect Barnabas. Even though Barnabas loves her, it's clear she does not share Barnabas' feelings in return, though she does care for him.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:05:52 PM »
I hope Humbert Allen Astredo was in a Noel Coward play or two during his career.  He's perfect for it.

I liked the way Alexandra Moltke said, "I can't do that," when Vicky was talking about passing the dream along to Barnabas.  It was thoughtful and low-key.

But what was Vicky thinking when she said Barnabas wasn't in love with her?  She believed she had been in the course going away with Barnabas to marry him when they had that automobile accident!  Why did she think Barnabas wanted  to marry her?

At the moment, Angelique's career is certainly instructive for anybody thinking of going over to the dark side.  Even if she had succeeded in her schemes in 1795 and lived out a long and romantic life with Barnabas, after death she would still have been in bondage to the likes of Diabolos and Nicholas.  It's quite a comedown.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »
I also love the scenes between Nicholas and Angelique. They were quite funny!  [ghost_cheesy] I love the fact that Angelique has to kowtow to Nicholas. She deserves it!  [ghost_azn]

I was surprised that Maggie screamed when she saw Angelique. [ghost_shocked]  I guess she was screaming because she saw Angelique disappear, though, which is quite understandable. So I guess it's not so surprising after all. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 06:12:37 AM »
Let us take this moment to acknowledge Humbert Allen Astredo's brilliance as an actor.  He was so wonderful in this episode - urbane, witty, manipulative, superior and unnerving all at the same time.  Checking his bio on imdb.com, I'm stunned at how little work he did apart from DS (though, I'm sure he was very active on the stage - or at least I hope so).  What a treasure!

I liked the scene between Vicky and Maggie.  It was subtly written and nicely played.  I wish they'd had more such scenes together.

I also really liked the way Vicky had her hair pulled back from her face in the scene with Jeff.  She looked very pretty.