Author Topic: Collinwood's Hobey Baker trophy  (Read 856 times)

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Collinwood's Hobey Baker trophy
« on: May 31, 2002, 04:59:27 PM »
Hello all!

Well, I was watching my DS tape of yesterday's episodes with my husband (he is not an original DS fan - but has been watching all of the shows with me this go around).  He looked up and said, "what's with the Hobey Baker trophy?"  (my husband is a big-time hockey fan and, for those who don't know about it - as I didn't when we first met - the Hobey Baker trophy is a college level hockey trophy). I looked to see what he was looking at and, sure enough, the statue on the table in the hallway (where the phone is) looks like a guy playing hockey :D

So, for the rest of the night my husband gave encouragement to the DS characters by saying, "make Hobey proud!"

Sigh....oh well, at least he's watching with me, right?  ;D

Franimal

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: Collinwood's Hobey Baker trophy
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 08:31:48 PM »
LOL!! At least now you know what it is!! I always wondered what that thing was.   ?!? Any time someone uses the phone, I stare at it and mumble, "What ARE you!?" .... it never answers  :-/ boohoo  :'(

lol
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 10:00:12 PM »
Hello all!

Well, I was watching my DS tape of yesterday's episodes with my husband (he is not an original DS fan - but has been watching all of the shows with me this go around).  He looked up and said, "what's with the Hobey Baker trophy?"  (my husband is a big-time hockey fan and, for those who don't know about it - as I didn't when we first met - the Hobey Baker trophy is a college level hockey trophy). I looked to see what he was looking at and, sure enough, the statue on the table in the hallway (where the phone is) looks like a guy playing hockey :D

So, for the rest of the night my husband gave encouragement to the DS characters by saying, "make Hobey proud!"

Sigh....oh well, at least he's watching with me, right?  ;D

Franimal

he's right it does look like it (also a big hockey fan my brother played in college) my husband won't go near the show!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 10:39:29 PM »
Maybe Roger was a big hockey fan in his youth. Maine is only a hop, skip and a jump away from Canada, after all! ;)

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2002, 02:31:54 AM »
For those who are interested,

The Hobey Baker trophy is given to the college hockey player of the year.