Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0524  (Read 1003 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0524
« on: April 18, 2008, 08:47:10 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0524
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »
So, Jeff spent three weeks in Portsmouth searching for his clues to his identity, and didn't find a thing, and now he refuses to submit to hypnosis in case he finds something out about himself that he doesn't like.  I'm wondering how hard he tried in Portsmouth.

He doesn't respond to adversity very well, does he?  Back in 1795, when Vicky told Peter Bradford she was from the 20th century, he accepted it, he believed it.  But Jeff's not about to believe that he himself could travel through time.

I'm being quite unsympathetic, but I have to admit that I myself wouldn't want to be hypnotized, even with the (utterly worthless) guarantee beforehand that the hypnotist would have me remember everything.  I don't blame Jeff for that part of it, and I can dimly imagine what a troubling situation this must be for him - but I still hope that in his position I would face facts with more grit than Jeff is doing.  Hmm...I was about to say, "Where would soap operas be if their characters had grit?" and then I remembered the grit with which Josette faced the total disaster that her life became.

I was wondering where Vicky learned that Professor Stokes was such a fine hypnotist, and then I decided that Carolyn must have told Vicky about the Dream business at some point - but I don't really believe that.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »
I wonder what made Jeff forget Trask so quickly....one minute he tells the ghost to leave her alone, the next moment he totally blacks it out. Jeff has quite a memory-lapse, hasn't he?

If I were in his position, I'd be willing to try ANYTHING to try and find out something about my past. Maybe Jeff really is afraid to find out he might have done some pretty naughty things.

Now he dreams about Nathan Forbes....will THAT make him remember, or will he black that out too, along with Trask?

Pretty jolting ending, him waking up and then trying to strangle Joe, who unfortunately bears a strong resemblance to the dastardly Forbes.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:13:18 AM »
there is a throwaway line in this episode that for some reason i have always loved...

after jeff 'forgets' that he had just seen reverand trask vicki reminds him and he tells her that that's  "impossible".

vicki counters with "what's impossible is that you can't remember something that just happened a minute ago".

i just love it.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »
I remember thinking, "Good point Vicki."
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:41:54 AM »
That was pretty jolting at the end, when Joe woke up Jeff and then Jeff, startled, began strangling him! [ghost_shocked] It  reminds me of the time when I was in high school and my mother woke me up while I was sleeping in a chair which I was leaning back on against the wall,  and I actually pushed her hard against the opposite wall because I was so startled! [ghost_wink] (Of course, I felt horrible about it afterwards.  [ghost_embarrassed])

There have been several dreams now which had Lt. Forbes in them, during which he said words to the effect of: "You can't kill me, I'm already dead." or "It's too late because I'm dead now." I think that's pretty cool. I loved it when Joel Crothers played those scenes - he did them so well, and he was so devilishly sexy. [luv] I guess JC had to make a quick change from Lt. Forbes's uniform to Joe's casual attire.

Another neat thing I like is when an actor's name appears twice when he/she plays 2 characters on an episode. [ghost_grin] Nowadays, I think the actor's name just appears once, and the 2 charactors are both listed with a  /  in between. For instance: (on All My Children) David Canary - Adam/Stuart Chandler.

I felt sorry for Maggie when she went back to the cottage. She wanted to keep everything as they were so she could remember "Pop". Sam's death was so senseless! Totally unnecessary. One of the many things that Angelique did to make me really hate her. [ghost_mad]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »
Gosh, we never got to see what the present was that Jeff brought back for Vicky (and apparently neither did she).   [ghost_sad]

That Prof. Stokes sure has become the go-to guy in times of crisis, hasn't he?  He might as well just move into the room next to Julia's. It would cut back on a lot of unnecessary trips.