Author Topic: KLS at Big Apple Comic Book Show  (Read 3332 times)

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
KLS at Big Apple Comic Book Show
« on: April 12, 2008, 06:10:45 AM »
Kathryn will one of the guests at the Big Apple Comic Book Convention on June 7 and 8.  Other guests announced so far are Malcolm McDowell, Ice T, Doug Jones and a bunch of victims from Friday the 13th part 3.  Quite a mixed bag.  Admission is $15.00 and they have a huge dealers room.
Fade Away and Radiate

David

Re: KLS at Big Apple Comic Book Show
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 07:57:29 AM »
Kathryn will do quite well.
I saw her last year at Comic Con here in San Francisco.
I was impressed to see what a seperate, huge following she has from her roles on Star Trek & other Sci-Fi shows.

Malcolm McDowell, star of my all time favorite film A Clockwork Orange~~would I love to meet him!

David

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:07:21 AM »
And my birthday's on the 10th!  What a nice early birthday gift- I may not be able to go to LA, but at least I can see Kathryn this year.  Hopefully, some more guests (especially from DS) will be added.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »
Thanks, Uncle Roger!  Here's their home page:  http://www.bigapplecon.com/

BTW, wouldn't Ice T be considered a fan of DS, considering his absurd (I'm being kind here) contribution to that horrible unfinished SciFi special from 2000?

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 04:17:08 AM »
BTW, wouldn't Ice T be considered a fan of DS, considering his absurd (I'm being kind here) contribution to that horrible unfinished SciFi special from 2000?

I don't remember that part of the DS "Sciography"--- maybe because of the commotion when some of the actors started fleeing the banquet in 2002!  Please, would you refresh my memory a little?
Uh-oh, now I have a sick hankering to see this again.... Maybe someday, someone will sneak excerpts onto YouTube....
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 06:50:33 AM »
I just remember a silly comment about Barnabas.  And pimping.

I wouldn't mind rewatching Michael Miozza's and Darren Gross' segments, but otherwise I'm good with not seeing it again.   [ghost_smiley]

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »
I just watched the KLS Star Trek TNG episode entitled Who Watches the Watchers. KLS was truly TLATKLS. I would NEVER have recognized her. It was a brilliant and moving episode, classic Trek, and she did a great job.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me who Ice-T is again?

I *think* he's a rap artist who dabbled in acting along the way.

I have a morbid curiosity to see that Sciography segment.  I remember thinking when they were sending out press releases asking for fans to be interviewed and they were looking for a fan who slept in a coffin and thought they were Barnabas or Angelique, "HELL will feeze over before *I* ever go before a camera for that bunch!"

cheers, G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »
I also have to wonder what Jim Pierson was thinking when he scheduled that Sciography segment to air during that Festival banquet.

Surely an individual with even a modicum of social instinct would be able to understand just how upsetting the completed segment would be for the actors and many of the fans?

G.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »
There was much talk about the Sciography and when the project tanked, of course that bred more questions as to why it was scrapped.  I think the purpose of showing (a very edited version of the segment which was bad enough) the segment at the banquet was so fans could see why the project was not pursued with the producers of the segment.   [ghost_huh] [ghost_undecided]

I also have to wonder what Jim Pierson was thinking when he scheduled that Sciography segment to air during that Festival banquet.

Surely an individual with even a modicum of social instinct would be able to understand just how upsetting the completed segment would be for the actors and many of the fans?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »
Considering how KLS felt about the SciFi show, I'm sure she'd be less than thrilled about where a topic about her personal appearance has gone.  Oops.

Can someone refresh my memory and tell me who Ice-T is again?

I *think* he's a rap artist who dabbled in acting along the way.

That's pretty much it.  He has experienced success as an actor and currently stars as a cop (isn't that ironic?) in one of the Law & Order franchises.

I have a morbid curiosity to see that Sciography segment.  I remember thinking when they were sending out press releases asking for fans to be interviewed and they were looking for a fan who slept in a coffin and thought they were Barnabas or Angelique, "HELL will feeze over before *I* ever go before a camera for that bunch!"

There was another SciFi project at around the same time called Sci Luv-- its DS segment has screened at Fests-- and it showcased a few extreme fans.  A couple of other Forum members interviewed for Sciography but we never saw any of their interviews.  But the two shows do blur together in my mind.

I think the purpose of showing (a very edited version of the segment which was bad enough) the segment at the banquet was so fans could see why the project was not pursued with the producers of the segment.   [ghost_huh] [ghost_undecided]

The DS segment wasn't edited; it was a rough cut and shown in its entirety.  Pierson did introduce it by saying that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, which makes one wonder why he showed it at all.  It was originally in the Saturday list of events but got bumped to Sunday night.  That year's banquet fare (a WTC memorial, Roger Davis' real estate video, and the Sciography piece) was quite a mixed bag.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »
Golly.  They really screened a Davis real estate video?  Whew.

We can get real estate commercials from Roger Davis, but no Grayson Hall Playtex commercial?  That's just wrong.

*insert Gothick frownie-face*

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 04:00:59 AM »
We can get real estate commercials from Roger Davis, but no Grayson Hall Playtex commercial?  That's just wrong.

*insert Gothick frownie-face*

I'm 100% with you there!  [ghost_sad]  Though something tells me RD is more than willing to provide one of his commercials, whereas it's apparently very hard to track down that Playtex commercial. One would think the company would still have a copy around somewhere - but who knows?  [ghost_undecided]  If only someone could track it down one of these days...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 02:00:54 AM »
i was handed a flyer for this event on the street in new york yesterday.

kathryn leigh scott's name was absent but the guy handing them out assured me she'd be there.

i'll definitely check it out.a couple of years ago when i attended this event(and some here may remember)marie wallace,diana millay and nancy barrett were also on hand but it doesn't appear that they will be there again.

i wonder what ms.scott is pitching this time.does she have anything new out?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 02:14:59 AM »
Ok.  Well, Jim (Pierson) told me it had been edited for the California screening but maybe that changed between the time he told me that and when it was shown.
 [ghost_mad]
Nancy

The DS segment wasn't edited; it was a rough cut and shown in its entirety.  Pierson did introduce it by saying that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, which makes one wonder why he showed it at all.