Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0519  (Read 1284 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0519
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0519
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »
Happy, happy Trask.  After a virtuous life spent chasing down witches, he has gone to the happy hunting ground and is chasing down more witches.  He is an inspiration to us all.

Is this the first episode in which the cross is used as a weapon?  No, we were told that a cross was stuck inside the lid of Barnabas's coffin in 1795, but we never saw it.  I think this is the first cross we've seen.

If Roger and Cassandra played bridge with Elizabeth, I wonder who was the fourth.  Does one call in the governess for such necessities?  I like to imagine Roger and Cassandra squabbling over a hand while Vicky protests that it's only a game and Elizabeth says it doesn't matter anyway because only death matters.

I thought there was something unseemly about Cassandra wearing that butterfly thing and coming down to talk to Joe.  It makes me feel like a prude to think that, but it kept nagging at me.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »
Is this the first episode in which the cross is used as a weapon?  No, we were told that a cross was stuck inside the lid of Barnabas's coffin in 1795, but we never saw it.  I think this is the first cross we've seen.

I recall Bathia Mapes sticking a cross in Barnabas' face.

If Roger and Cassandra played bridge with Elizabeth, I wonder who was the fourth.  Does one call in the governess for such necessities?  I like to imagine Roger and Cassandra squabbling over a hand while Vicky protests that it's only a game and Elizabeth says it doesn't matter anyway because only death matters.

[laughing11]

I thought there was something unseemly about Cassandra wearing that butterfly thing and coming down to talk to Joe.  It makes me feel like a prude to think that, but it kept nagging at me.

That bugged me too, because I'm assuming that's supposed to be a dressing gown.  Or is it?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »
Remember, we have NightyFest with Eve and vampire Ang outside Collinwood to look forward to... so as it turns out, Ang is all in favor of cross-countrying in her nightgowns.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:20:40 PM »

[laughing11]

OMG, yes!  [thumb], Lydia.  [lghy]  And this:

Happy, happy Trask.  After a virtuous life spent chasing down witches, he has gone to the happy hunting ground and is chasing down more witches.  He is an inspiration to us all.

is also  [stfl] funny!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »
Great to see Trask FINALLY got his witch after so many years. [ghost_grin]

I was surprised to see Roger so disturbed about Sam's death and even more surprised to hear him refer to Sam as a "friend." He and Sam hated each other's guts over the mess about Burke and Roger was merely "almost sorry" for Sam when Maggie went missing months earlier. So his remorse over Sam, while commendable, is a bit puzzling. [ghost_undecided]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 01:44:39 AM »
In each storyline or time period, the characters start out mean or deceitful and get nice over time.    That includes the "present day", from what I've heard about 1966.    I was surprised to see early 1897, finally, and Quentin and Roger were both thinking about killing Judith, even if only for a few moments!    Carl even had a mean streak.    They nicen all the characters up, then kill them all off!

Another wonderful bonus for Trask #1 is that being a ghost means that his phony God-given powers now work!   He really can slay witches single-handed.   He must feel more righteous than ever!    Except, you know, for the fact that he's not in Heaven yet!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 02:07:57 AM »
I thought it was great when Trask went after Angelique! Indeed, I cheered when I watched him have power over her! [cheer] By the way, I like her "butterfly" dress! [ghost_grin]

I was surprised to see Roger so disturbed about Sam's death and even more surprised to hear him refer to Sam as a "friend." He and Sam hated each other's guts over the mess about Burke and Roger was merely "almost sorry" for Sam when Maggie went missing months earlier. So his remorse over Sam, while commendable, is a bit puzzling. [ghost_undecided]
I think in the passage of time, Roger and Sam came to be "friends" of sorts, so I wasn't surprised that Roger was disturbed about Sam's death.  [ghost_rolleyes]

What really surprised me, though, was Roger being so eager to let Maggie stay in the house. After all, he complained all the time to Elizabeth when Vicki first came to Collinwood. I guess he's mellowed about that, too. [ghost_wink]

I was pleased to watch Roger being so concerned for Elizabeth. It was rather heartening, actually. With all the bickering they do, he truly does care for his big sister. [ghost_cheesy]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 06:09:18 AM »
"The devil has painted your hair."  What a great image. One of my favorite DS lines ever!