Author Topic: Adam's New Toy  (Read 938 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Adam's New Toy
« on: May 30, 2002, 10:54:48 AM »
Upon viewing yesterday's episose when Adam was listening to Dr.Lang's "if both live" message for the umpteenth time now, it struck me rather odd to see him turn the tape recorder on and off. When did he learn that? ?!? He seemed to know exactly where the message was on the tape.   And another thing, if he learned how to do that now, why can't he do it for Barnabas to show him how he's mysteriously learning these new words of his?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Adam's New Toy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 03:48:22 PM »
He seemed to know exactly where the message was on the tape.

LOL! And to think that he can do this [ideag] while it never even dawns on the cultured and intelligent Barnabas  ?!? and eminent Dr. Hoffman  [hdscrt] that Lang just could have used only part of the tape to leave important info about the experiment.  Ahhh, kids they're always one step ahead of mom and dad!  ;D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 04:10:41 PM »
And now that you mention that tape recorder I got so sick of it You are right CastleBee why didn't they play the whole thing!

jennifer
counting down the days until TOM J! :)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 06:05:42 PM »
Hehe, I read the name of the post and I thought you were talking about Carolyn -- she's Adam's new toy....and her hair. *chuckles*  ;D ;D
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 12:15:15 AM »
I'll have to confess I missed it when Adam turned the tape recorder on and off by himself . . . I was FF'ing thru that blasted scene because I've heard that danged message from Lang about as many times as I can stand!!
:P

Aside from that, I have to say when I first saw this whole Adam story line I found it childish and silly, but now on second viewing I'm quite impressed with Robert Rodan as Adam. I loved the scene when he first escaped, wandered over to Collinwood and began playing with the water in the fountain! A very "Helen Keller" moment. His interactions with Willie and Barnabas are fascintating. He does an excellent job of making the Adam character sympathetic.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 09:47:04 AM »
I was FF'ing thru that blasted scene because I've heard that danged message from Lang about as many times as I can stand!!
:P

LOL!! Chris_2, I hear ya!! ;)
"Calamity Jane"