Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0514  (Read 844 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0514
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0514
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »
I loved the scene between Willie and Elizabeth in the basement.  One reference to death, and Elizabeth is off in another world.

And Maggie's clandestine relationship with the earrings is very interesting.  She knows it's wrong, and she knows she must keep it a secret, but she can't break it off.  I do worry, however, that the earrings may be just toying with her emotions.

Willie is having a bad night.  First Joe knocks him down, and now he's having a run-in with Adam.  If Adam saw Joe hitting Willie, it has to have confused him.  Barnabas caned Adam for attacking Willie, but Joe's getting off scot-free for doing the same thing.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
Yes, when you're raising a kid, you don't want to send those contradictory signals.   But then, Barnabas wasn't doing any raising in the first place.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:17:52 AM »
This is the first time we've seen Joe lose his cool with Maggie. I used to think he was being such a prick, flying off the handle like that to Maggie and then ordering her to make up her mind, but I've come around to his point of view a little more now.

Maggie doesn't believe that Willie kidnapped her, but Joe does. Maggie won't tell him WHY she thinks that, and I can see why that would make no sense to him. All she has is a feeling that Willie didn't kidnap her and we all know she's in the right...but she doesn't have anything tangible and convincing to make Joe think she might be on to something.

Willie couldn't have picked a worse time to go to the Evans cottage....it never occured to him that Joe would still be there? The last couple of times he was careful to look through the window and make sure she was alone...not this time. And his crack to Joe about being afraid of some competition....does he really think Maggie would choose him over Joe? She loves Joe and only wants to be friends with Willie, but the guy apparently is too ga-ga over her to see this.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 05:52:16 AM »
Poor Willie.  That's quite a parade of looney tunes passing through the old house on that one night.  No sooner does he get rid of one space cadet than another shows up.