Author Topic: The Best Fifteen-Grand Earrings Woolworth's Ever Sold  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Best Fifteen-Grand Earrings Woolworth's Ever Sold
« on: May 29, 2002, 12:45:52 AM »
Today's episodes had some good, memorable bloopers, but the earring falling apart right off of poor Maggie's ear was, well, special.  The timing could not have been better, with Joe insisting she take them off when - poof! - one cooperates without Maggie's assistance.  I'm rather surprised that neither TLATKLS nor Mr. Crothers didn't do some ad-libbing when it happened (although Maggie did a belated version as she held and examined with loving eyes the broken bauble).  Some of the performers were rather good at that, especially Joan-oh-what's-the-name-of-that-city-in-Brazil-[snap-fingers-snap-fingers-then-point]-Belem-Bennett and Louis-a-hundred-miles-a-hundred-miles-it-felt-like-a-hundred-miles-Edmunds.

Gerard

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Fifteen-Grand Earrings Woolworth's Ever Sold
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 02:05:27 AM »
Maybe they just had more practise at bloopers?  ::)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 02:52:15 AM »
Did the earring actually break? I thought it just fell off. I think it was a clip-on. Didn't they have pierced earrings in the 1700's?

I've seen the abbreviation "TLATKLS" other places . . . what does it stand for? I'm assuming the KLS is Katherine Leigh Scott, but what is the TLAT? Thanks. ?!?

The Late Mrs. Collins

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 05:51:26 AM »
I agree it was a clip-on.  I've seen earrings fall off like this before on soap operas.  I've had them fall off of my own ears if they were too loose.  I don't have pierced ears.

TLATKLS = The Lovely and Talented Kathryn Leigh Scott

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2002, 07:28:11 AM »
Today's episodes had some good, memorable bloopers, but the earring falling apart right off of poor Maggie's ear was, well, special.  The timing could not have been better, with Joe insisting she take them off when - poof! - one cooperates without Maggie's assistance.  I'm rather surprised that neither TLATKLS nor Mr. Crothers didn't do some ad-libbing when it happened (although Maggie did a belated version as she held and examined with loving eyes the broken bauble).  Some of the performers were rather good at that, especially Joan-oh-what's-the-name-of-that-city-in-Brazil-[snap-fingers-snap-fingers-then-point]-Belem-Bennett and Louis-a-hundred-miles-a-hundred-miles-it-felt-like-a-hundred-miles-Edmunds.

Gerard

Oh Gerard you would love anything she does!Heehee

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2002, 08:39:48 AM »

I thought Joe and Maggie did well with that scene inspite of her earring falling off. I have even had pierced earrings fall off, or the backings, that's why I prefer French wires.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2002, 08:48:01 AM »
Did the earring actually break? I thought it just fell off. I think it was a clip-on. Didn't they have pierced earrings in the 1700's?

I don't think they had pierced earrings back then in the 1700's. I believe they just had the clip on earrings. ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2002, 10:19:26 AM »
;D I liked the scene between Joe and Maggie, with Joe walking out. I started chuckling, rocking back and forth muttering, "Caaarrrooolyyyynnnn...." BUUUT she has Tony now. Or .. well . err .. kinda.  :-/

But if I were Maggie, I would have been mad too. OOOOOO and I have a stupid question!!!!! WHEN did they get engaged, exactly?????? One day it was just like "Maggie's fiancee" and I was like "HOLD IT!!!!! REWIND!!!!" when did this happen!?  ?!? ?!? ?!? :P :P :P ?!? ?!? ?!? >:( >:( :( >:( >:( ?!? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2002, 09:11:42 AM »
That scene is a big reason why I looked up a DS forum.

DS is more addictive than crack!

;)
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2002, 06:12:11 PM »

I don't think they had pierced earrings back then in the 1700's. I believe they just had the clip on earrings. ;)

IIRC, they did actually have pierced earrings.  I suspect that in this case that the ones the prop department found at Woolworths or the Good Will happened to be clip ons.

Luciaphil

"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga