Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0503  (Read 1102 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0503
« on: March 19, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0503
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
I find it interesting that Julia's collar tends to be turned up in back.  She does it with the lab coat, and she was doing it today, so there seems to have been a definite decision on somebody's part that this was Julia's preferred way of wearing clothes.  It just doesn't strike me as the sort of thing Julia would do, but what do I know about fashion statements?  My own personal fashion statement is: "If it's comfortable and it isn't in shreds, that's good enough for me."

And then we've got Carolyn's short green skirt. I imagine that if she does anything but keep her legs stuck together and straight, we may see more of Nancy Barrett than the ABC standards-of-decency people wanted us to see, but it looks awfully unnatural to see an unconscious girl stretched out so stiffly.

When Julia was hypnotizing Willie, I was looking at the center of the colors, wondering if I could be hypnotized that way.  I didn't come to any conclusion except that it was a nice bit of camera work to show Willie, and then show the colors overlaid onto that, and then have Willie dissolving to Carolyn.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »
I don't know what good Julia thought her hypnotizing Willie could do. Even if he had forgotten the dream, he would only have the dream all over again. That's how the dream curse works....the person who has the dream keeps on having it until they tell it to the next person.

Now Sheriff Patterson is getting suspicious....not a good sign. Even though he can't really prove any connection between Adam and Barnabas, Julia and Willie you could sense he'd love to haul them all in and demand what they tell him all they know (of course they would still lie to him anyway).

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »
Julia could have re-hypnotized Willie the next time he had the Dream.  It could even have become a cherished daily ritual.  "Willie, dear, it's time for your daily brainwashing!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
Julia could have re-hypnotized Willie the next time he had the Dream.  It could even have become a cherished daily ritual.  "Willie, dear, it's time for your daily brainwashing!"

LOL....that's true. And she's already had plenty of experience with Maggie.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
That daily re-explaining of why he needs to be hypnotized would be wearing...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Adam was able to understand "friend" pretty quickly. He was learning faster.  [easter_wink] In his own way, he was telling Carolyn that he was going out to find some food. But the only place he knew had food was the Old House, so he went there. Unfortunately, the Sheriff and his officers were there, too, so he was caught. [easter_shocked] Poor guy. Again, I thought it was sweet when Adam stroked Carolyn's hair and face - and then Carolyn let him do it! She was seeing his gentle side more and more.  [easter_cheesy]

It was very admirable of Julia to hypnotize Willie to try to get him to forget the dream. Of course, since it was a curse, it was destined for failure.  [easter_sad] But at least Willie was able to see where Carolyn was. Too bad they weren't able to figure out that "underground" meant in the root cellar.  [easter_huh]

----- Sally -----
 [easter_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:28:52 AM »
I just had an "aha" moment. [easter_shocked] I just figured out that Willie was able to see where Carolyn was when he was hypnotized because of the Dream Curse. Carolyn was the next person he needed to tell, so he was able to see where she was to try to facilitate his telling her the dream. [easter_wink]

----- Sally -----
[easter_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]