Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0501  (Read 1376 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0501
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0501
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »
I have an idea that if Grayson Hall herself wanted to stop an insanely strong monster from strangling somebody, she wouldn't have had to resort to psychology.  But I guess attacking the monster where it would hurt the most would be too indecorous for Dark Shadows.  So Julia reminded Adam that he loved Barnabas, and in the short run, that worked, but in the long run, it may not have been such a good idea for him to get that particular reminder at that particular time.

I'm wondering how Adam would have heard the word "kill" before.  From the way he kept repeating it, not as if he were trying to figure it out but rather as if he knew what it meant, I guess he has heard it - but down there in the cell, how would he have heard that word?  From Willie, maybe - but still, how would Adam know what it meant?  Incidentally, if Barnabas dies, what happens to Adam? Is Barnabas still providing Adam's life force?  And if so, what happens to Adam when Barnabas goes cruising into the past?

When Elizabeth said, "I don't know what to believe," that was beautifully done by Joan Bennett.  I really was reminded of the times when the act of thinking was just beyond me.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »
Poor Adam....now he's got Barnabas and the law behind him.

I loved seeing his reaction when he was seeing Carolyn for the first time....like a boy discovering his first crush.

Elizabeth seems to be having doubts about Barnabas and Julia....first this strange man says Barnabas' name and next Barnabas is chasing the man with a gun. It does look suspicious so I can't blame Elizabeth for being a bit doubtful.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »
I think Adam may have known the word "kill" because of his connection to Barnabas.  When Barnabas thought about wanting to "kill" Adam, Adam thought about it, too, and knew what it meant. In fact, Adam actually turned it around and wanted to "kill" Barnabas! This was particularly the case since Barnabas beat him.  [ideag]

I also thought it was cute when Adam first saw Carolyn and acted like a smitten schoolboy.  [snow_cheesy]

Adam's idea of "music" was very limited. He only thought Dr. Lang's tape was music. He didn't recognize any other music.

Barnabas and Julia were in a bit of a quandary, because Elizabeth heard Adam say Barnabas' name, and they are trying to convince everyone that they don't know Adam (and vice versa). Things were getting a lot more complicated. [snow_wink]

-----  Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:25:55 AM »
I think Adam may have known the word "kill" because of his connection to Barnabas.  When Barnabas thought about wanting to "kill" Adam, Adam thought about it, too, and knew what it meant. In fact, Adam actually turned it around and wanted to "kill" Barnabas! This was particularly the case since Barnabas beat him.
ARGGH!  That's the second time I've completely missed the Barnabas-Adam connection - and this time it was in a post in which I was speculating about Barnabas continuing to provide Adam's life force!  I'm so dumb!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:38:50 AM »
LOL! [snow_laugh] That's OK, Lydia. [bigok] I say dumb things all the time! [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
I'm so dumb!

Pshaw!!!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:41:17 AM »
After Adam kidnaps Carolyn, I wonder if anyone thought that he might also be the one who made off with Maggie earlier.  Or were they all so convinced that Willie was the perpetrator that they never even made a connection and simpy assumed that Adam was just another crazed man who liked to make off with Collinsport's prettiest and most beguiling women?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
Roland, that's a wonderful idea!  I don't think it occurred to anybody in Collinsport, but it should have.