Author Topic: Episode #0494  (Read 758 times)

CTP/FITBs

Episode #0494
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »
[It's up to the first poster to come up with a set up, and then each following post will either complete it or fill in the blank(s). And, as always, whoever posts the set up is certainly allowed to post their own completion/fill in as a follow up.]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Episode #0494
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 01:34:48 AM »
Set-up:
Joe: "Whoa!  Yellow tie!  1980s, here we come!"
M: "Joe, get your lazy ___ off that couch before I ___________!"
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 05:07:38 AM »
Joe: "Whoa! Yellow tie! 1980s, here we come!"

M: "Joe, get your lazy ass off that couch before I kick it!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »
Joe: "Whoa!  Yellow tie!  1980s, here we come!"
M: "Joe, get your lazy ego off that couch before I chop it up and feed it to the birds!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »
I know this is DS where MANY things ARE possible - but how exactly would Joe know a fashion trend that's supposedly more than a decade into the future?  [scratch]  (And not to completely ruin the joke (well not more than I already have  :(), but yellow ties were already around in the early '70s. Not that I owned one, but there were plenty of guys at my high school who did.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »
I know this is DS where MANY things ARE possible - but how exactly would Joe know a fashion trend that's supposedly more than a decade into the future?  [scratch]  (And not to completely ruin the joke (well not more than I already have  :(), but yellow ties were already around in the early '70s. Not that I owned one, but there were plenty of guys at my high school who did.)

Joe is a magical being who can access and absorb all the world's knowledge through his ass from his mystical guru, who has been reincarnated in the form of Maggie's couch.    Knowing future fashion trends is child's play to one such as he.

I suppose every color tie always existed, but it became a specific trend in upscale Yuppies in the 80s to have a yellow tie.    It was part of the business image.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »
Joe is a magical being who can access and absorb all the world's knowledge through his ass from his mystical guru, who has been reincarnated in the form of Maggie's couch.    Knowing future fashion trends is child's play to one such as he.

Ah. OK. I was thinking that maybe you or someone else would say that Joe was secretly experimenting with the herb Stokes will be giving Jeff later on in the storyline and Joe's been having visions of the future. But, uh, your explanation works.  [snow_wink]