Author Topic: Roger Davis is coming. Get Ready...  (Read 1482 times)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Roger Davis is coming. Get Ready...
« on: March 03, 2008, 05:10:33 AM »
Hello Board
Just a reminder Roger Davis will be one of the guests at The Williamsburg Film Fest the weekend of March 6-8, that's Thursday through Saturday. Other guests include Lee Meriwether, Gregory Walcott (Ed Wood's "Plan 9 from Outer Space"), Richard Devon (AIP's "Blood for Dracula" 1957, and a ton of other stuff) and Jacqueline Scott. At least three guests appeared on Twilight Zone

Here the link's http://wff5.tripod.com/id16.html     http://wff5.tripod.com/index.html

rather a fun low key show that focuses on the western genre, but a lot of the guests have some SciFi/Horror/Classic TV in their resumes.

Michael  [snow_ghost]

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Davis is coming. Get Ready...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »
Michael, are you & your wife attending this fest?

If so, would you please post pictures?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:41:39 PM »
Isn't that supposed to be:  "Roger Davis is coming.  Look busy!"?

Just checking ... I get confused so easily. 

G.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:07:08 AM »
Hello Patti,
Diane isn't going this time. She was going until Ben Murphy canceled his appearance. I'm going with "Dale" and "Boomhauer."
Guess that makes me "Hank", doggone it. We have a new digital camera, so lemme play with it.
Michael  [snow_wink]

Offline Amanda

• Junior Poster
  • Mrs. Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
Hi Cyrus! 

I was in Williamsburg for the Film Fest.  I had a great time.  As always Roger was sweet, wonderful and gracious.  I met Lee Meriwether and had a lovely chat with her.  She is just beautiful. 

I met Cyrus and we had a nice convo.  I enjoyed looking through some of his DS photo albums that he was kind enough to show me. 
The Kansas Cousin

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:46:56 AM »
Hello Amanda,
          It was very nice to be able to meet you as well. I enjoyed our conversation very much.
          I would say to all that the laid back atmosphere of the Williamsburg show allowed me to chat with Roger off and on through the day. Roger was quite popular at the show, as he said "It's more people than I had expected." The Williamsburg show gets a little bigger each year, but still an easy going and very enjoyable show. Roger and I chatted not only about DS and the DS festival, but we also talked about "Ride the Wild Surf", his work with the late Curtis Harrington and of course his housing business. We also shared memories of the World Trade Center.
          Roger has had some surgery and has lost over 30 lbs. since I last talked to him. He was still in good spirits and recognized me from metting him at several previous DS shows.
          The other guests we quite nice too, most especially Lee Meriwther and her daughter, and Gregory Walcott. In fact, I think I could have enjoyed a long tome chatting with Greg Walcott who really has had quite a career, "I've made films with , Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, Gene Hackman and Lee Marvin. I've done four with Clint Eastwood. But what do I get 100s of letters about from around the world, Ed Wood!'
          Well, being the convention addict, next stop Chiller in May.
         I did get a nice photo with Roger but I'm having some technical issues with the PC and the camera appears to have been lost or stolen since the show. Wish me luck.  [easter_tongue]

Michael  [easter_smiley]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:27:36 AM »
CyrusL/Michael, if you've lost a camera, you might want to check http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/ from time to time.