Author Topic: That Room Downstairs  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
That Room Downstairs
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:44:41 AM »
Tired and weary, coming back from the flu bug, I stuck in a DS tape for relaxation purposes and yes, maybe a laugh.
Jason is in the midst of bilking Liz out of everything she has - I don't know what particular episode # I had on, but he managed to get the key to "that room downstairs" from her to prove to Carolyn that there is nothing there. Well, aside from an eighteen-year-old lightbulb still in working condition (and I make no claim as to how Edison managed it), Jason comes across a suitcase full of clothes, and we're talking laundered, folded neatly clothes! Later, when Carolyn's curiosity about the room is finally satistified, I began to wonder that if I were her or Roger or anybody, wouldn't I question whose suitcase that was. Why was it packed and ready to go? Is this my father's suitcase? Whatever became of him?
Just food for thought, kiddies. Back to the couch, endless liquids, and my fifth box of Kleenex. Achoo!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: That Room Downstairs
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:29:42 AM »
That was the suitcase of Uncle Roger, who keeps a backup suitcase in the basement should his suitcase ever be stolen while sitting at the foot of the staircase, waiting for him to take it on another business trip.

OR

Maybe it is Jason's emergency-leaving-suitcase, that he can just grab and book it outta Collinwood in case anything ever happens!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:27:07 AM »
My "endless liquids" just ended.   Woe is me.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:31:45 AM »
Well, aside from an eighteen-year-old lightbulb still in working condition (and I make no claim as to how Edison managed it)

You might not believe this, but I swear I have a working lightbulb down in my cellar that's been there and in use since 1978. Granted, I use it infrequently - about once or twice a week, and only for very short periods of time - but then, Liz wouldn't have used the lightbulb in the locked room for long periods of time either.  [snow_wink]

Jason comes across a suitcase full of clothes, and we're talking laundered, folded neatly clothes! Later, when Carolyn's curiosity about the room is finally satistified, I began to wonder that if I were her or Roger or anybody, wouldn't I question whose suitcase that was. Why was it packed and ready to go? Is this my father's suitcase? Whatever became of him?

By Ep #249 hasn't it already been explained to everyone that Paul's belongings were put away in that room, and hasn't Carolyn already refused to hear the "truth" of how Paul's departure from Collinwood came about?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »
Forget the lightbulb.  I still want to know how they keep those candles and torches lit--sometimes for CENTURIES!-- in every secret room on the premises.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:36 AM »
I still want to know how they keep those candles and torches lit--sometimes for CENTURIES!-- in every secret room on the premises.

A slew of unseen servants whose sole duty is to keep them burning?  ;)  Or maybe it's those poor Collins relations that we once theorized are allowed to live at Collinwood but only in the secret passages and with the stipulation that no one ever so much as glimpses them there, much less in the actual living areas of the house.  [b003]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »
You know those gag candles that keep re-lighting every time you try to blow them out?    Josh, Eddie Baby and Swinging Uncle Roger were all big practical jokers.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor