Author Topic: Heads Up to be aware  (Read 562 times)

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Heads Up to be aware
« on: May 27, 2002, 09:32:46 PM »
I pre-ordered the new DS DVD set from Amazon back in March, when it was first posted on their website.  The price at the time was $52.49 and then in April the price dropped to $49.99 and then this weekend it dropped again to $44.99.  Now, I recieved an email on Saturday saying that it has been shipped but it stated I was charged the $49.99 price with shipping extra.  However, their website showed I had been billed the original price of $52.49 plus shipping.  I wrote Amazon and found that I had indeed been charged the original price and they are taking $7.50 off my credit card now.

This is not intended as any kind of knock against Amazon or criticism of them.  Their customer service was extremely prompt and helpful and took care of the problem without issue.  The reason I'm writing this is to give everyone who might have pre-ordered it there, a heads up warning to make sure and check what they are charged for the item.  Since the street date for the item is actually tomorrow, even if it has already shipped, like mine did on Saturday, the price charged for it should be the $44.99 price plus shipping, as that was what the price was at the time of shipment.  I just wanted to make everyone aware of this problem, in case it might happent to someone else.  

Richard Holt  

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Heads Up to be aware
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2002, 09:36:15 PM »
Thanks a lot for posting this info, Richard. :)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Heads Up to be aware
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 12:21:42 AM »
Thanks Richard now that i finally got my DVD player hooked up have to check into it!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV