Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0484  (Read 1220 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0484
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0484
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
Boo, hiss to Cassandra.  She didn't observe the Rule of Three.  On the third dream, the dreamer should have died.  'Twas a consummation devoutly to be wished.

Julia made a very nice point about Willie: indeed it was dangerous to give him power to hurt Barnabas in the Experiment.  I'm not surprised, though, that Barnabas didn't think of it.  As usual, Barnabas thought he could control everything.

Grayson Hall does a great beckoner.  She read the silly poem well, too.  And I liked the way Dr. Lang sounded as though he was about to burst into tears when Julia shut the door on him.

I'm wondering: for Dr. Lang, did seeing the headless creature make the Dream into the standard not-prepared-for-the-final-exam dream?  He really must have had to scramble to get the head for the Experiment, once Barnabas vetoed using Jeff's.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »
I'm wondering: for Dr. Lang, did seeing the headless creature make the Dream into the standard not-prepared-for-the-final-exam dream?  He really must have had to scramble to get the head for the Experiment, once Barnabas vetoed using Jeff's.

Chortle.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:13:45 AM »
Yes, indeed, Julia was smart to warn Dr. Lang that Willie would be tempted to sabotage the experiment. It's a foregone conclusion that Julia would end up being the one to help Dr. Lang. [snow_wink]

I agree, Lydia, that Julia made a great beckoner in the dream. [snow_smiley] Once again, I laughed during scenes that were meant to be scary. I thought it was hilarious when Dr. Lang stretched out his arm as Julia was doing the same while she was leading him towards the room. Particularly funny was when Dr. Lang was about to open the first door, and his other hand tried to push it away, and each time he went to open a door, he looked like he was being forced to go there. It reminded me of "Plato's Stepchildren" - Star Trek Episode #67 - when Parmen made Mr. Spock, Captain Kirk, Lt. Uhura, and Nurse Chapel do things against their will. [snow_laugh]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:46 PM »
They should have used filmed sequences in most of the dreams as they did with Mrs. Johnson's.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:35:22 PM »
Particularly funny was when Dr. Lang was about to open the first door, and his other hand tried to push it away, and each time he went to open a door, he looked like he was being forced to go there.
I kept thinking: "Steve Martin would have done it so much better!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
Now I'm picturing Lang doing the Wild and Crazy Guys walk to the doors...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
Indeed, it was a good thing Julia was able to talk Lang out of having Willie help in the experiment. Lord knows Willie did have a good many things to resent Barnabas for.

Barnabas should have been more lenient with Willie (though it's no surprise he wasn't). He only wanted Willie free, after all, to help in the experiment. Threatening to send Willie back there if he doesn't behave will only give him more reason to resent Barnabas.

Again, I think Addison Powell went over the top during the dream.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »
Addison Powell went over the top when he was born.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »
Addison Powell went over the top when he was born.
Lovely visual...newborn child, umbilical cord still attached, hair already white...obstetrician asking the new mother, "Where do you want the ham?"