Author Topic: DS and CATS  (Read 4216 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS and CATS
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2002, 10:21:37 PM »

That is Sheena in my avatar.  And always in my heart.

Nancy

I enjoyed the photos of Sheena and your tribute to her Nancy - thanks for putting the URL up.  She looked a lot like my cat Pyewacket who died back in 1978.  Sorry for your loss - I know how hard it is to have to let them go.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2002, 03:08:05 AM »
Speaking of Cats and Dark Shadows, I wonder where they found that rather scruffy looking one that Angelique turned poor Joshua into back in 1795.  :)

I must go to my room and rest.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2002, 09:21:33 PM »
Sheenasma, I am sorry to read about your loss.  Sheena was a beauty and I know she will shine in your heart always.  Thank Heaven you now have Sami to keep you smiling through your day.

I love cats, but neither of my parents like animals, and we were never allowed to have any pets.  In fact my Mom is allergic to cats, besides absolutely loathing the sight of any member of the species.  Well, nobody's perfect, right?  I have been blessed for several years now to share my home with other folks and their cats, though.  The house since 1998 has been ruled by our sovereign lady Thumbelina, an absolutely gorgeous brown-and-black tabby with the cutest marking on her right paw.  She isn't really a DS fan, but will occasionally deign to settle on her favorite cushion (which I always plump up in readiness for her) when I'm watching.

Interesting to see how many other cat fans there are into the show ...

Gothick

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2002, 11:26:35 PM »
I was a big cat fan during DS' stint on the air.  I recall Peter, a nasty black male that was always fighting and getting nasty wounds, named for Dr. Peter Guthrie, the parapsychologist who died at Laura's hands.  Then there was the black female I wanted to name Angelique, but knew my brother would never put up with such a name and I had to be clever.  So I suggested Angel.  He thought it neat to name a black cat Angel, so that's the name she kept.

My hubby and son are allergic to cats, so we've always had dogs in my married household.  Right now, Snapple Bundy Vogel, a black and gray schnoodle, rules our roost.  He's totally adorable--and knows it.  He'll climb on the table and try to steal food, if he can get away with it, but we watch him carefully.  He did get hold of a bunch of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies and scarfed them up.  At least it took care of his dog breath!

Joshua was once a cat in 1795.  DS and cats go well together, and so do animal lovers of all types!

Love, Robin

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2002, 11:58:23 PM »
I have owned cats in the past.  Presently I only have a dog but my mother in-law has a GREAT cat.  

I watch her chase the birds around and go after field mice.  She loves showing off her work too ...ewwwwww

My husband is also allergic to cats.  Soo all we have is our Border Collie, Brittany Lynn.

"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2002, 08:16:11 AM »
WOW......lotsa people have cats. I have 3 -- all of them are really weird. One's a pig, one's a werewolf [QUENTIN!!!!!!!] and one's a shadow demon. HEHE ^^
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^