Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0471  (Read 893 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0471
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0471
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »
I like the possibilities that lie open in this episode.

First, we've got the possibility that Barnabas's personality will be transferred to Jeff Clark's body, with the result that Roger Davis will be playing Barnabas.  We've got Vicky interested in Jeff because he's been displaying signs of being Peter Bradford without knowing it.  Will Vicky remain interested in Jeff if he is possessed - so to speak - by Barnabas?  Will Barnabas be smart enough to throw in the occasional reference to 1795 to keep Vicky thinking that he's Peter Bradford?  And will Jeff Clark start wearing spiky bangs?

Next we've got the possibility that Angelique will possess Roger, with the result that Louis Edmonds will be playing Angelique.  Will Angelique go the cannery every day as Roger did?  Will she recognize Barnabas in Jeff Clark's body and, while still in Roger's body, start making moves on Jeff/Barnabas?  Will we get to hear Louis Edmonds doing an Angelique-style laugh?

And what sort of trouble will Harry Johnson get himself into?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »
And will Jeff Clark start wearing spiky bangs?

Photoshop!

All interesting questions...  I never thought it out quite that far.

And what sort of trouble will Harry Johnson get himself into?

Taking up space?   Providing stagehands with cheap laughs because of his name?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »
Well, folks, it sounds like Dr. Lang is planning to murder Jeff/Peter so that he can use Jeff/Peter's head! [snow_shocked] That won't make Vicki very happy. [snow_cry]

Yes, indeed, that would be strange to have Roger Davis playing Barnabas. [snow_silly] I'm glad that didn't happen. [whew] Jonathan Frid is a much better actor! [snow_wink]

I thought Mrs. Johnson was too harsh with Harry when he first came. [snowball] But then, he lived up to his reputation by looking for something to steal! [snow_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 01:41:31 AM »
The character of Harry showed much promise in this episode. Unfortunately, Harry doesn't really contribue a whole lot during his time on the show, except during the Adam storyline and even then he doesn't really have a whole lot to do.

I guess the writers really didn't know what to do with him once they introduced him. I think they threw him into the middle of Adam's story as almost a desperate measure.

Barnabas in Jeff's body...I'm glad that never came to pass either. Of course I suspect Vicki would be too clueless to have noticed any difference if it had.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
Harry Johnson may very well have been introduced because of his name.   I mean it.   He has no other function.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »
Harry has occasional functions in 1968, but I guess Craig Slocum did not inspire the writers.  If Don Briscoe had played Harry, I'm sure he would have done far more.