Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0469  (Read 949 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0469
« on: January 31, 2008, 07:03:55 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0469
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »
There goes Julia again, smiling and lying.  It's a beautiful sight. I'm not sure that my thoughts on Dr. Lang's smile are fit to print.  Print...hmm...fine print, the stuff that Barnabas didn't even get a chance to read before Dr. Lang started shooting him up with experimental drugs.

I always wonder, when people go to the mausoleum, about the coffins - or sarcophagi, perhaps - in the un-secret room, the room that isn't hidden.  They must have the remains of Joshua, Naomi, and Sarah in them, because Naomi visited there after Sarah died.  I suppose they're very tightly sealed, or else the smell would...um...well, maybe that's why nobody is buried in Eagle Hill Cemetery anymore.  Anyway, people are pretty casual about them.  Willie put his stuff on them when he was trying to find the Collins family jewels, didn't he?  And Vicky sat on one today - Naomi's.  Did she think about the fact that underneath her butt were the remains of a woman whom she had known personally?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »
yes.

julia smiling...being coy.evasive.duplicitous.it's just grayson hall at her creamiest.

in some later storylines where julia simply functions as barnabas' assistant and time travel companion she's not that interesting.

some deviousness on her part brings out the best in the character.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 06:48:48 PM »
some deviousness on her part brings out the best in the character.

Grayson Hall's way with deviousness is one of the reasons why I really enjoy her portrayals of 1970PT's Hoffman and 1841PT's Julia Collins so much. With those two ladies she got the type of material that she was no longer getting much of in RT - and she definitely knew how to run with it and make the most of it.  [thumb]

Changing the subject almost entirely, I always like to acknowledge whenever anyone is actually seen using an umbrella on DS because, despite those nearly continuous rainstorms, hardly anyone ever uses one. But in this ep we actually see Julia using hers:

Maybe it was just that it was a new umbrella and she wanted to show it off.  [snow_wink]  But after that novelty wore off, I guess Julia's umbrella ended up exiled to wherever all umbrellas are eventually banished to on DS.  [snow_laugh]

(Or then again, maybe umbrellas only made appearances on DS whenever the airdates of eps coincided with Ohrbachs featuring a sale on them. If only we could check out the episodes aired on those days by the other soaps with contracts with Ohrbachs.  [snow_cheesy])

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:54:32 PM »
I think it was a fiendish plot by the Penguin.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:03 AM »
Barnabas seemed like a frightened child when he was calling out to Dr. Lang.  [snow_shocked] Dr. Lang really liked helping Barnabas, but I'm sure he had an ulterior motive.  [snow_rolleyes] Dr. Lang sure was mean to Jeff. [snow_sad]

Speaking of Jeff, I found it a bit disconcerting to discover that he didn't just appear on the road when Vicki and Barnabas saw him.  [snow_undecided] It would make more sense to me if that were the case, because Peter told Vicki he would find her. [luv] But Jeff seems to have already been in 1968 before Vicki went to 1795.  [snow_huh]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »
Which is no problem, ER, because apparently Peter just wasn't very good at targeting for the right date or year.    He got there before Vicki left for 1795, but that doesn't matter.    All I can tell you is that they're traveling in time, so they can leave and arrive at whatever points they like.    So, Vicki's trip to 1795 had happened already, to Peter, because he lived in 1795, and that's earlier than 1967.     If Peter/Jeff Clarkford had arrived in modern Collinsport with his memory intact, he could have gone to warn Vicki not to do the seance.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:21:39 AM »
Barnabas was Dr. Lang's guinea pig, so to speak, so of course he had his own reasons for wanting to help Barnabas. Lang himself had admitted he had a special interest in 'legendary conditions.'

In that respect Lang and Julia's original intentions weren't so different. Julia herself had wanted to go down in medical history (as the first woman ever to cure a vampire no less! LOL). However, she hadn't expected to wind up falling in love with her subject. I think that's where Lang and Julia part ways as far as Barnabas was concerned....Julia eventually saw Barnabas as a person, whereas Lang I believe never really saw Barnabas as anything but his pet project to accomplish something no one else had ever done.