Author Topic: The Three Stooges  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
The Three Stooges
« on: May 24, 2002, 07:46:50 AM »
In today's episode when Mrs.Johnson was screaming out on the terrace because she saw Adam, I had to laugh when all of a sudden, Barnabas, Julia and Willie all show up together with those clueless looks on their faces. They kind of reminded me of the Three Stoges with Barnabas being Moe, the one in charge, Julia as Larry, the one in the middle, and of course poor Willie as Curly, the one who they always yell at because he can't get nothing right. Now, if only Jeff Clark were there, he could have been Shemp.  
Honestly, None of these people have the faintest idea what to do with Adam. Apparently, Dr.Lang knew of the possibility of Adam surviving, as well as Barnabas because we get to hear his message "if both live" over and over again. So, wasn't any of this in Lang's notes? Or did Dr.Lang just expect Adam to be perfectly normal mentally instead of having the mentality of a two year old child?  Another thing, why on earth would Julia and Barnabas leave a lit candle sitting right next to Adam? [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: The Three Stoges
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 08:09:54 AM »
In today's episode when Mrs.Johnson was screaming out on the terrace because she saw Adam, I had to laugh when all of a sudden, Barnabas, Julia and Willie all show up together with those clueless looks on their faces. They kind of reminded me of the Three Stoges with Barnabas being Moe, the one in charge, Julia as Larry, the one in the middle, and of course poor Willie as Curly, the one who they always yell at because he can't get nothing right. Now, if only Jeff Clark were there, he could have been Shemp.  
Honestly, None of these people have the faintest idea what to do with Adam. Apparently, Dr.Lang knew of the possibility of Adam surviving, as well as Barnabas because we get to hear his message "if both live" over and over again. So, wasn't any of this in Lang's notes? Or did Dr.Lang just expect Adam to be perfectly normal mentally instead of having the mentality of a two year old child?  Another thing, why on earth would Julia and Barnabas leave a lit candle sitting right next to Adam? [hdscrt]

I forgot how funny these scenes are!As for the candle
they need some childproofing books or some COMMON SENSE(which is usually better to have than those books!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 08:20:35 AM »

It's interesting how when Dr. Lang's tape recorded message comes on, Julia has left the room. How many times can that happen?? I thought it was strange leaving a burning candle in the room with Adam, especially after the incident with Willie's cig.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2002, 09:52:04 AM »
Honestly, None of these people have the faintest idea what to do with Adam. Apparently, Dr.Lang knew of the possibility of Adam surviving, as well as Barnabas because we get to hear his message "if both live" over and over again. So, wasn't any of this in Lang's notes? Or did Dr.Lang just expect Adam to be perfectly normal mentally instead of having the mentality of a two year old child?

As badly as Julia and Barnabas have handled Adam (babies need to feel safe and loved, for heaven's sake!), can you imagine how Lang would've been with him had he survived?  Yikes, what a scary thought.

Craig_Slocum's
It's interesting how when Dr. Lang's tape recorded message comes on, Julia has left the room. How many times can that happen??

Oh gawd, just wait!!!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2002, 02:59:02 PM »
The candle thing really bugged me.  Did Adam not lose it and destroy the lab in a temper tamprum?  Let the kid/man burn himself or light the place on fire.  Juia is "suppose" to be a doctor.  You would think she would have left him some books, simple toys, etc,etc,..  Wouldn't you leave your child with a guy who just came out of a sanitarium?  Let's see what could he teach him?

Just took a semiar on the "Repectful Workplace".  The one thing that was stressed was common sense.  That is one important than all the I.Q scores and degrees.

Maybe the B-Man nad Julia should take a course

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2002, 05:27:55 PM »
The candle thing really bugged me.  Did Adam not lose it and destroy the lab in a temper tamprum?  Let the kid/man burn himself or light the place on fire.  Juia is "suppose" to be a doctor.  You would think she would have left him some books, simple toys, etc,etc,..  Wouldn't you leave your child with a guy who just came out of a sanitarium?  Let's see what could he teach him?

Just took a semiar on the "Repectful Workplace".  The one thing that was stressed was common sense.  That is one important than all the I.Q scores and degrees.

Maybe the B-Man nad Julia should take a course

Birdie

you are so right Birdie !

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2002, 09:10:15 PM »

Birdie

Ditto Birdie! I agree. Julia or Barnabas should have left Adam a few good picture books to look at. Since neither one of them seem to have the time to teach him much, at least he might be able to learn something by looking at the pictures, how to eat, hold a cup, spoon, etc... ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2002, 09:16:11 PM »

As badly as Julia and Barnabas have handled Adam (babies need to feel safe and loved, for heaven's sake!), can you imagine how Lang would've been with him had he survived?  Yikes, what a scary thought.

LOL!! Midnite, Yes, that is a scary thought!! Dr.Lang might have been even worse than Julia & Barnabas by leaving Adam with Jeff Clark!  Still, I would have loved to have seen Lang's reaction to his wonderful "new creation." ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2002, 03:13:32 AM »

LOL!! Midnite, Yes, that is a scary thought!! Dr.Lang might have been even worse than Julia & Barnabas by leaving Adam with Jeff Clark!  Still, I would have loved to have seen Lang's reaction to his wonderful "new creation." ;)

Lang certainly couldn't have done any WORSE a job bringing up "baby" than the 3 Stooges (right on target with that analogy, BTW!!!)

At least Dr. Lang truly cared about his creation and his work. All Barnabas cares about is himself and all Julia cares about is Barnabas. Lang's only concern was his life's work, so he probably would have spent all his time working with Adam.  :'(

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2002, 04:45:03 AM »

and Barnabas always makes Julia do all the work.   :-/    I always laugh when she is stomping through the woods (usually on a mission for Barnabas), with that purse hooked on her arm.
And those pumps.  Imagine walking through the woods and coming across Julia in pumps and purse.   :D  :D
I must go to my room and rest.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2002, 04:40:42 PM »
Oh, Elizabeth....that was my laugh of the day.....Julia in Pumps and Purse, stomping around in the woods.....THANK YOU!!! [lghy] [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2002, 10:02:02 PM »

and Barnabas always makes Julia do all the work.   :-/    I always laugh when she is stomping through the woods (usually on a mission for Barnabas), with that purse hooked on her arm.
And those pumps.  Imagine walking through the woods and coming across Julia in pumps and purse.   :D  :D

LOL!! I could just picture it!  It's funny how these people go trudging through the woods in all kinds of weather and with any kind of clothing attire on! It could be the worst rain storm ever, and it wouldn't matter to them. It's strange how we never hear anyone on the show say, "oh, let me go and get the car,"  OR "I'll drive you there."  Most people would rather take the car, then walk through the woods,  especially at night!!!  :o
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2002, 05:18:26 AM »

she is stomping through the woods (usually on a mission for Barnabas), with that purse hooked on her arm.  And those pumps.  Imagine walking through the woods and coming across Julia in pumps and purse.   :D  :D

Just like QEII. . the purse is always with Julia .. like the Force. . .
Julia99