Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0462  (Read 949 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0462
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0462
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »
Wow.  This really is the best TV show ever.

But I hate Julia's medallion.  There are so many fake things on the show that don't bother me - wiggling treetrunks, disappearances that you can see coming minutes beforehand, and I don't know what else - and I tell myself, "Concentrate on the story" and it works - but that so-called medallion sets my teeth on edge.  I had something once that was exactly like it.  No metal involved.  Plastic and cloth and stuffing.  You can see that this one's the same because there's just no weight to it.  Barnabas got a nice medallion.  Why couldn't Julia?

Rant finished, I proceed to Barnabas.  What a wonderful package of contradictions he is!  He loves Vicky, and he can't wait for her to get over Peter Bradford.  But he's scared of her, so scared that he is willing to bite her, which he couldn't bring himself to do before.  He's not making any sense, and Jonathan Frid makes it all believable.  Great scene at the end, with Vicky coming willingly to Barnabas.  Very weird.  I think I'd come to Barnabas too, if I were Vicky.

The business with Jeremiah telling Vicky to beware of Barnabas is reminiscent of Sarah telling David the same thing.  But this time around it makes sense.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »
I love Julia's haircut! [luv] I remember short haircuts for women were very in style that year. Later that year, I also got a short haircut. [snow_cheesy]

That scene when Barnabas bit Vicki at the end of this episode was one of the few scenes I remember from when I first watched it. [Bat] It was very sexy indeed! Barnabas should be able to find out just what Vicki knows now. [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »
Barnabas HAS to put Vicki under his control now, whether he likes it or not because he's so afraid of what she may have learned about him in the past. He obviously stiill doesn't trust Julia to handle things and once again decides to take matters into his own hands.

If Julia didn't want him going after Vicki, she should have agreed to help him, not give him the "maybe I will, maybe I won't" answer.

I didn't like Julia's haircut at first, but I got used to it. I liked her hair better though when she let it grow out again a little later on the show.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:45:59 PM »
This episode features the water fountain.  [ghost_cool]

Barnabas refers Julia back to a time when they were friends, but when were they ever really, friends?  [ghost_huh]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"