Author Topic: Worst dress ever???  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Worst dress ever???
« on: May 23, 2002, 03:46:49 AM »
Okay . .so Julia's fashions have been thoroughly discussed many times, BUT WHAT was that horrible BOX dress she was wearing in the first episode!  So HORRIBLE it almost defies description?  It made her look HUGE!  I noticed it in her first scene with Cass (bandaging her ankle). . I thought Grayson would've screamed so loud in Wardrobe about its ugliness we would've never seen it again . .ohhhhhh someone take IT away!! The sweater set was even better than that!
Julia99

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst dress ever???
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 03:58:02 AM »
That green suit that she used to wear alot is the most unflattering thing in her wardrobe--it seemed like it was the only outfit she ever got to wear for a long time.  Her wardrobe is much nicer now. :)
MM

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 04:34:19 AM »
Anything in that supernaturally hideous shade of lime green -- the one that apparently exists in a special spectrum only found in "Dark Shadows" episodes ;)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 07:07:22 AM »
Stuart wrote:
Anything in that supernaturally hideous shade of lime green -- the one that apparently exists in a special spectrum only found in "Dark Shadows" episodes  ;)

Awwwww, you don't like the lime green?? I love that color!!! I wish that's what people wore nowadays! It's so bright and colorful and cheery and outgoing!!!! It reminds me of the green Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks or some kind of green cereal. Or even green Skittles, although not that dark. I love Carolyn in lime green! It really epitomizes her character so well -- loud and outgoing and hard to miss and ..... eeeee!!!!  ;D ;D I love lime green!!!!!!
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 02:48:50 PM »
Julia's wardrobe...... is alot  to be taken for granted.  When she wears that wool suit, that's ugly enough, be then, its lime green...oh brother.  I get this look a my face, like I've eaten a kosher pickle.  Who picked out her wardrobe?  I think they were laughing at Julia when she wasn't  looking.  

But, being a trouper, she wore what they gave her, it doesn't mean she liked it, but she wore it.  Besides, she was a Oscar nominee.  

I like the character Julia.  I used to not  like her all that much, but, now I do.  She quirky, and now, I like that, and I like her.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 03:06:14 PM »
Okay . .so Julia's fashions have been thoroughly discussed many times, BUT WHAT was that horrible BOX dress she was wearing in the first episode!  So HORRIBLE it almost defies description?  It made her look HUGE!  I noticed it in her first scene with Cass (bandaging her ankle). . I thought Grayson would've screamed so loud in Wardrobe about its ugliness we would've never seen it again . .ohhhhhh someone take IT away!! The sweater set was even better than that!

I agree that thing was Ugly!

Does she wear it again! Have to stay tuned!
some of the fashions were far scarier than the ghosts!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 05:31:59 PM »
Julia's wardrobe...... is alot  to be taken for granted.  When she wears that wool suit, that's ugly enough, be then, its lime green...oh brother.  I get this look a my face, like I've eaten a kosher pickle.  Who picked out her wardrobe?  I think they were laughing at Julia when she wasn't  looking.  

Its so incongruent at times too. .the blue dresses are always so nice, I even like a grey dress that's ssoon to come with a pleated skirt, its shows how slender she was .. Julia's  1840 clothes (which Ben picked out for her) were the best!   But overall Dr.Julia was not supposed to be too feminine, sorta unaware of her body, into her brain.  ..the clothes I think were supposed to demonstrate that .. practicality
Julia99

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »
Hey, my mother wears that green all the time.  Sometimes it scares me.  Actually, I think it looked good on Liz and Cassy.  

Birdie--if you ever see a woman who looks like the cartoon charactor on the Hallmark cards, you know Maxine wearing a strange color green, you guessed it she is my mom
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2002, 09:42:50 PM »
Stuart wrote:

Awwwww, you don't like the lime green?? I love that color!!! I wish that's what people wore nowadays! It's so bright and colorful and cheery and outgoing!!!! It reminds me of the green Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks or some kind of green cereal. Or even green Skittles, although not that dark. I love Carolyn in lime green! It really epitomizes her character so well -- loud and outgoing and hard to miss and ..... eeeee!!!!  ;D ;D I love lime green!!!!!!

Actually, I think that was called "apple green".  I've gotten my husband to watch with me and every time he sees Cassy in the green coat/dress combo he says, "I just know I dated that coat".

Franimal

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2002, 04:57:59 AM »

That sweater set.  >:( Is that the one she wore when she did the episode alone?  That horrible set drove me crazy.  It was so ugly!!!  I always wonder why especially in the beginning Julia wore such ugly clothes.  I think they were trying to make her ugly because they wanted her to be the ugly women who was in love with Barnabas. :'( :'( :'(  But alas nothing could make Julia ugly in my eyes.    ;)
I must go to my room and rest.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2002, 06:15:27 AM »

I always wonder why especially in the beginning Julia wore such ugly clothes.   But alas nothing could make Julia ugly in my eyes.    ;)

I think it had more to do with "short-term character" obligations and not wanting to spend $$ on her wardrobe. . .
Julia99

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2002, 08:27:51 PM »
The worst dress ever? The dress Liz wore on the day
she was to marry Jason. Yuck :o

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2002, 12:02:08 AM »
Since Liz's would be wedding dress has already been nominated, I will go with the OTHER worst dress. Jenny's black Elvira getup.  :-X
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton