Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0447  (Read 1332 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0447
« on: December 11, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0447
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
Barnabas was interesting today - part loving son, part animal.  What a weird place his mind must be!

Millicent's mind is a weird place, too.  She is planning to get married, and she has made a major financial decision without saying a word to her fiancĂ©.  Somehow it seems very much in character for Millicent.

How long an interval was set between Vicky's conviction and her scheduled hanging?  Joshua says there's plenty of time to see that she is freed.  I gather that Peter Bradford never put in for an appeal, but just went haring off to Salem to find Trask.  It's surprising to me that there's such a lag before she's hanged.  You'd think they would want to get Vicky out of the way as soon as possible.  But she just sits in her cell for weeks on end, and for all anybody knows, she's still victimizing the good people of Collinsport.  The killings in the village continue, and nobody complains about the delay.

I feel so sorry for Daniel.  He didn't ask to be brought to this big, spooky house where everyone dies.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »
Watching Barnabas refusing to go with his father to the tower room made me realize that Barnabas is now in a position to say no to his father without the fear or reluctance he had when he was human. while his defiance didn't win in the end, he gave in for the sake of his mother.

Poor Naomi, constantly being shut out from joshua, being left in the dark all the time. How difficult that must be for her.

I always had the impression that Barnabas, much like a nocturnal animal, could see in the dark without the benefit of light of any kind. Hopefully he isn't using candles up in the tower room.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »
He probably sees in the dark, well enough to find victims, but not well enough to exist comfortably.   What I think about is the strange fact that when you become a vampire, you're expected just to "be a vampire", without needing to live someplace except a crypt, or to have interests or other needs.    How does he pass the time in the Tower Room?   Well, he doesn't, really, he goes out for constitutionals.    I can imagine Joshua closing the Tower Room door on him, with Barnabas thinking, "Well, what now?  There aren't even any magazines in here."
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 05:53:27 AM »
LOL, Magnus.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »
Excellent performances by all in this episode. [clap2] I guess Joshua didn't realize the extent of Barnabas' powers. Barnabas could not be confined in a locked room. [santa_huh] My favorite line was when Barnabas told Joshua that he could not be killed because, "I am already dead!" [santa_grin]

I noticed in this episode that David Henesy was almost as tall as Nancy Barrett!  [santa_azn] He really has grown since he was first on the show. [santa_wink] I loved the rapport between them.

I feel sorry for Naomi, too. It's hard to be on the outside looking in. She's being kept in the dark about Barnabas. [santa_cry]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »
Barnabas was interesting today - part loving son, part animal.  What a weird place his mind must be!

Millicent's mind is a weird place, too.  She is planning to get married, and she has made a major financial decision without saying a word to her fiancĂ©.  Somehow it seems very much in character for Millicent.

How long an interval was set between Vicky's conviction and her scheduled hanging?  Joshua says there's plenty of time to see that she is freed.  I gather that Peter Bradford never put in for an appeal, but just went haring off to Salem to find Trask.  It's surprising to me that there's such a lag before she's hanged.  You'd think they would want to get Vicky out of the way as soon as possible.  But she just sits in her cell for weeks on end, and for all anybody knows, she's still victimizing the good people of Collinsport.  The killings in the village continue, and nobody complains about the delay.

Yes, poor Barnabas! He's really struggling between what's left of his humanity and his animal nature. I am glad that he finally made Joshua aware of who the real witch was.

I have to agree with Naomi that Millicent REALLY should have told Nathan about her plans to give her money to Daniel before they wed. I wonder how Nathan would have tried to deal with that situation...maybe he would have pretended to have gone along with it for the moment then at the last second come up with some phony-baloney story of how he needed money for something or other (maybe for a sick friend or an made-up illness for himself).  Whatever it would have been, Millicent being Millicent would have fallen for it.

I too wondered about the time lag between Vicki's conviction and execution. Did the authorities think she'd just stop with her supposed crimes once she was condemned to die?