Author Topic: Once a vampire, always a vampire?  (Read 904 times)

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
Once a vampire, always a vampire?
« on: December 11, 2007, 05:22:27 PM »
I'm currently watching all the DS episodes, courtesy of Netflix, and am up to where Vicky goes back in time with Jeff/Peter, Joe is losing it because he saw Chris turn into a werewolf and Quentin's spirit kills the medium that visits the house. Anyway, my question is did Barnabas ever change back into a vampire in further episodes? He hasn't shown his fangs since Julia 'cured' him and I was wondering if he ever went back. Last time I saw episodes of this show, I was a junior in high school and that was a long time ago and I can't remember.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Once a vampire, always a vampire?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »
Katrina...you're getting into some TERRIFIC viewing areas.

I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.....but I'll just say, you've already answered your own question  [a2a3]

-Patti
ps...this next pic wasn't about the post; I've never seen it before & it's cool!
[drunk22]
What a Woman!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:43:18 AM »
i'll play a bit of the "spoilsport" here without spoiling everything.

since adam is so intrinsically involved in barnabas' "cure" there are past/future time periods where adam in not extant where,indeed,barnabas once again finds himself at the mercy of the curse.

that said by 1968 the series of course was known as a "vampire show" yet for a signifigant period of time(the period katrina mentions here)barnabas was not in fact in the vampire state.

i wonder if this had anything to do with the somewhat abrupt decision to turn angelique into a vampire in 1968 and also introduce the tom jennings character...to add a "vampire element" back to the show without barnabas himself reverting to that condition.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:57:18 PM »
I think you may have something there with your vampire theory mscbryk...trying to hold on to the (black) magic so to speak - while Barnabas catches a few rays.  It may also have been something like, if one is good then more is better.  Okay, now you've gone and gotten me inspired to start watching my DVD's from day one!  Kind of exciting now that I'm just one DVD set short of a complete collection - but, then, most people who know me would guess that anyway.  [8_2_74] ~ Love the holiday decor you guys...especially a dark snowy Collinwood night!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad