Author Topic: OT<Rude  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT<Rude
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:19:10 AM »
This isn't DS related, except it's related to our beloved DS Boards...

Has anyone ever gone to another show's chat boards?

About 3 years ago I went to a Buffy/Angel chat site....if you posted a question or a comment that someone had remotely mentioned a year before, the mods just said 'this has been discussed' and locked it.

Hey, I realize bandwith is a real issue, but unless it's something that was VERY recently posted, it's always nice to hear a new spin, a new opinion, no?

Then, just now, I went to Soapnet & signed up there. I went to the OLTL chat room.

M-E-O-W!!! Man oh man, Midnite, MB &  [hall2_kiss]  [hall2_kiss] dom would NEVER let us be so nasty. And neither would most of the ((cousins)) on this wonderful board.

Sorry I had to vent, but I guess I'm saying AGAIN thanks for all the hard work our mods do for us daily!!

Three Cheers for

MB, Midnite & dom

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT<Rude
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:43:55 AM »
I will SO second that! Thanks to the mods and to everyone here for making this such a great place with such heartfelt camaraderie. I checked out the Ryan's Hope board on Soapnet for a little while and man, were the cats ever screeching over there, not to mention the trolls! It so made me appreciate what we have here where everyone has such genuine, interesting, and funny things to say. Thanks to all, and to you, Patti, for pointing this out! [9341]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »
I don't have any personal bad experiences, but I'll certainly chime in to praise our Mods!  The only board I use is for WordPerfect and everyone is very nice there, too.
Josette

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
Yes, a HUGE Thank You! to the mods for keeping this such a great place to come and chat. I too have had the same thing happen in other boards (mine was related to japanese pop music), you really do have to search to find boards where rudeness and trolling are not tolerated.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:32:50 PM »
Yes the Mods on this forum are wonderful.  And when you consider how LONG they have been wonderful to us, well......there should be some sort of Awards Ceremony for them!!!   [clap2] [cheers] [hello] [thumb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

David

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
The Usenet board was ruined by trolls.

Scarlet Street Forums, a message board for gay horror fans, was until recently run by a "gentleman" who used that board as a platform to express his hatred for everyone who rubbed him the wrong way.

Not so here.
The mods here have truly created a safe, haven, loving haven for a diverse, intelligent group of DS fans from all walks of life.

What a GREAT place DS Boards is!

David  

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 03:51:27 AM »
Say what you will, but whatever her online charms, I have it on good authority that Midnite goes to DS events and stuffs cats into attendees' suitcases so that when they get home, they get a rude shock.

Furthermore, I understand she named her teddy bear Roger D., specifically to incite legions of DS fans to protest and grab their own hair. I find this latter behavior particularly heinous.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 05:11:38 AM »
She if she dares tell you about the sangria flinging episode at the Tarrytown DS event.  It took three security guards to carry her out. [hall2_grin]

Nancy

Furthermore, I understand she named her teddy bear Roger D., specifically to incite legions of DS fans to protest and grab their own hair. I find this latter behavior particularly heinous.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 05:23:33 AM »
Cat stuffing, sangria flinging, inciting hair grabbing...  OMG, I'm dyin' here.

What GORGEOUS cats.  I'd want to keep them for myself!  And by the look in their eyes, I bet they would put my rottweiler in her place.   [nodassent]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:59 PM »
Cat stuffing, sangria flinging, inciting hair grabbing...  OMG, I'm dyin' here.

Well, we've all heard the stories, but I couldn't believe them till now.    It's the non-stop naked Twister in the lobby at con hotels with the full knowledge and participation of former world leaders and gourmet pastry chefs that I find so worrying.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor