Author Topic: when was this interview done?  (Read 875 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
when was this interview done?
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
i bit the bullett and have been "trading up" on the "beginning" dvd's.

to offset the expense i found a funky little record/book store that is willing to buy the "collector's series" tapes from me.we haven't discussed a price yet so we'll see.

big question.the collection promises a "new" introduction and interviews with alexandra moltke.yet in them when she's discussing her current work she speaks of her documentary film 'PORRAIMOS' as an upcoming project...and it was released at least five years ago(2002 i believe).

so i wonder when and what this interview was done for.was the dvd release held back for a few years for some reason and this interview was shelved until then?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:59:29 PM »
i bit the bullett and have been "trading up" on the "beginning" dvd's.

to offset the expense i found a funky little record/book store that is willing to buy the "collector's series" tapes from me.we haven't discussed a price yet so we'll see.

big question.the collection promises a "new" introduction and interviews with alexandra moltke.yet in them when she's discussing her current work she speaks of her documentary film 'PORRAIMOS' as an upcoming project...and it was released at least five years ago(2002 i believe).

so i wonder when and what this interview was done for.was the dvd release held back for a few years for some reason and this interview was shelved until then?

First off, congratulations on starting your DVD/Beginning collection.

The interview with Alexandra is new in the sense that it hadn't been released before.  It's possible that it was done while she was in Los Angeles for the Director's Guild tribute in March of 2001, but that's just a guess.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
Interesting.  On one of my regular DS DVDs there's a short interview (about five or six minutes long, I would guess) with her where she says similar things about Joan, Louis, Thayer and Clarice.  Since the latter two are hardly ever mentioned in the MPI tapes, it was very satisfying to hear her speak so glowingly of them here.

G.