Author Topic: Lara Parker to make rare NYC Stage Appearance as Mrs. Scrooge - December 15 & 16  (Read 2266 times)

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
THIS CHRISTMAS PUT THE "BAH" WITH YOUR "HUMBUG"

WITH FILM AND SOAP STAR, LARA PARKER AS MRS. SCROOGE

A STAGED BENEFIT SHOW IN NYC, FOR THREE NIGHTS ONLY!

ALL PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT HELP IS ON THE WAY TODAY.

For over 160 years Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol has been reinvented time and time again. Mrs. Scrooge (A New Christmas Carol) is yet another adaptation of everyone’s favorite Christmas classic.  Although this version has a bit of twist, forget Alastair Sim, George C. Scott and Patrick Stuart, because this year you can get “Scrooged” from Soap and TV Star, Lara Parker (eat your heart out Susan Lucci).  Ms. Parker gave you nightmares as a child as the blonde and bewitching “Angelique” on ABC’S gothic soap opera, Dark Shadows, and she is Witchier then ever starring as Ebba N. Scrooge in this new version of Dickens yuletide perennial classic.  Joining Ms. Parker is Fashion critic, red carpet walker, and TV Personality Leon Hall as her ghostly sidekick the dead Fashion aficionado “Jacque Marlee”.

In this present day version of A Christmas Carol we see miserly, money hungry and power ridden Ebba N. Scrooge.  She is estranged from her nephew Fred, a complete nightmare to her employees, and preferring software programs to people.  Mrs. Scrooge (A New Christmas Carol) is set in modern day Manhattan, while retaining much of the original Dickens flavor, to that end Ebba has just one Christmas Eve to learn the true meaning of the season and warm her cold uncaring heart. This Dramedy includes a cast of ten performers, and is written, adapted and directed by Peter Mac.  Mac is no stranger to NYC audiences having penned the runaway Off-Broadway hit Judy and Me.

Lara Parker achieved overnight fame for her delicious portrayal of the evil Witch "Angelique" on ABC's cult classic soap opera Dark Shadows, and would reprise her role in the 1971 MGM film Night of Dark Shadows. In 1975 Ms. Parker starred with Peter Fonda in Race with the Devil, and along side Bill Bixby as Mrs. Bruce Banner in the hit series The Incredible Hulk.  Throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s Ms. Parker made numerous guest appearances on: Kojak; Alice; Galactica 1980; P.S. I Love You; and Highway To Heaven. In 1998 she made her writing debut with the Dark Shadows novel, Angelique's Descent (published by Harper Collins), followed by Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch in 2006 (published by TOR books).  This is a rare stage appearance for the beloved actress and is testament to her support and encouragement of Mac and Help Is On The Way Today.

Mrs. Scrooge plays Saturday December 15 at 8 PM and Sunday December 16 at 2 PM and 7 PM. The doors open one half hour before show time each performance.  Tickets are $25 and all proceeds go to benefit Help Is On The Way Today.  Mrs. Scrooge plays in New York City at the Producers Club in the Royal Theatre on 358 West 44th street, between 8th and 9th Avenue.  Reservations are strongly suggested as the venue is an intimate one they can only be made by pre-paying via Check or Money Order. Send payment to: Help Is On The Way Today, c/o Joseph Macchia at 52-30 65th Place #2C Maspeth, NY 11378.  For additional information please call: 718-290-0660.  Please note that all checks or money orders should be made payable to: Help Is On The way Today.  Tickets will also be available at the door the day/night of each performance but preferred seating will go to those who have prepaid for their reservation.

All ticket proceeds go to benefit, Help Is On The Way Today, a non for profit organization assisting children with HIV and AIDS in the tri-state area. Their mission is to provide assistance to those who have either no or limited financial and/or medical coverage. Specifically, to support cases in which current government sponsored programs fall short in covering existing medical expenses.  It is an inclusive organization with the goal that no child will ever be turned away.  Over the last three years the organization has raised over $57,000, and recently has supplied two children who had fallen through the system’s cracks and are living at Incarnation Center in NYC with motorized wheelchairs.  This past year the organization continued its “Project Backpack” and was able to donate 200 backpacks for HIV positive children on their way back to school.  At present they are currently gearing up for their annual holiday toy drive.

So come and join Mrs. Scrooge and company for a holiday show guaranteed to brighten your hearts, lift your December spirits and warm those ever needy cockles. God bless us...everyone!

For more information

Call: 718-290-0660

OR

EMAIL: XMASCAROLNYC@AOL.COM
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Wonderful news! I will spread the word!

Nancy

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
What a cool idea.  I wish I could be there to see it.  I'm sure it will be wonderful!.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
Please when making reservations provide date and time of show with check
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:28:21 AM »
Hi folks.  We have had a great response to Lara in Mrs. Scrooge and quite frankly I can't wait!  Please when sending your checks for reservations please write down the date and time of the show you want to attend.  Please also provide a phone number so that if there is a question we can call you.

THANKS!
John
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Well, I mailed my check a few days ago, but I did write down which performance I wanted to see!  What a yuletide treat for DS fans!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
This really sounds quite entertaining.

Hope everyone from that neck of the world will be able to go. Hooray that it's to benefit a worthy cause.

Hooray for Lara Parker on ?off Broadway!!

Patti

Modification.....suggestion....why don't some of the NJ/NY area cousins try to go together & make it (dare I say) a mini-fest?!?!
What a Woman!

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Would have loved to see this, as would my spouse, who loves all versions of Xmas Carol, but sadly too much is going on right now, so please, those of you who see it, please fill us in!!  It does indeed benefit a good cause...

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Have a wonderful show
Wish I could be there
Love to you both
LdyAnne [clap2]

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - Specify date and time of show
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 06:19:29 AM »
The outpouring of support for Lara in this production is wonderful and heartfelt.  We are very appreciative of the support.  We have many requests for tickets and are happy to have them.  However, there are still ticket requests coming in without the specificity of date and time of the show being requested.  Please indicate your choice and provide a phone number in the event that show is unavailable we will call you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
Mrs. Scrooge Artwork:

Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
I hit send too fast!  A limited supply of these 13 X 19 posters signed by Lara will be available for purchase for $25 plus $5 for shipping and handling by sending a $30 check or money order to:

Dr. John Schaefer
97 Mckee Street
Floral Park, NY 11001

If you buy two the total cost for both (including shipping and handling) will be $50.

Thanks,
John
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
omg...the pic that johnpeternyc included...thanks!

Did anyone else salivate/hope/WANT the picture of Leon Hall to be John Karlen?

Wouldn't JK make a terrific Ghost of Christmas Past (or present)??

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
You are welcome!  You know an interesting tidbit.  Dan Curtis himself said in an interview when the show was being inducted into the museum of broadcasting that he always wanted DS to go on hiatus for a week at Christmas to do a production of "A Christmas Carol".  It would have been perfect!
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Did anyone else salivate/hope/WANT the picture of Leon Hall to be John Karlen?

I sure thought it was him at first glance! How cool would that have been?!
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I wonder if there's a chance that, if it's successful, they would do it for television or video.  I'd love to see it!!
Josette