Author Topic: Help Promote the Johnny Depp Dark Shadows Movie Project!  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Raycheetah

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Help Promote the Johnny Depp Dark Shadows Movie Project!
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:56:36 AM »
We need to support Johnny Depp's upcoming feature film project, Dark Shadows:

Variety.com article

Cinematical.com article

Eonline.com article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows (See the Johnny Depp mention in the third paragraph)

Currently, Hollywood is in the midst of a writers' strike, which could stall all upcoming productions for MONTHS (the last strike, in 1988, lasted 22 weeks). That means that some projects, including this one, may suffer promotional setbacks, or, even second-looks from studios which stand collectively to lose up to a projected $1 BILLION US.

What many DS fans are doing, right now, is spreading the word about the show, in hopes of both rekindling the old love of those who watched it all those years ago, as well as making as many of those who WILL surely want to see this project become a success aware of what's at stake. No pun intended.

One way we are working to spread the notoriety of our show is to vote it up on Rich Labonte's TV Vote: http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/nominations.html

Voting is easy; to nominate Dark Shadows, up to once an hour (per IP address; don't go to the library and vote from every computer, or, all those votes will be nullified), type into the nomination window "DarkShadows (1966)" and submit your vote. That will make sure the vote gets properly counted! Once Dark Shadows gets into the Top 40, you will be able to vote for it in the main voting menu, instead.

You can find daily progress reports at: http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2285353&st=220

Once we advance Dark Shadows into the Top 40, and, start to climb in the ranks, other fandoms will take more notice, enhancing the profile of the property, and, thus, helping to ensure that the movie will get an even stronger audience, when it is released, and, perhaps, even get the attention of some of the bean-counters at the studios, since a guaranteed audience is the best way to get a film greenlit.

Let's bring this show up out of the basement, and, show all the other fandoms how vital, how relevant the Dark Shadows story is, after 41 years! If the movie garners as much excitement as can be expected, it will also serve to revitalize the Dark Shadows fandom. That means more demand for the original shows to air, more licensed merchandising and support materials, and, some
recognition for those of us who have known about it, all along.

Thank you for your time!

-Raycheetah =^[.]^=
The enjoyment of any good thing is only enhanced by sharing it with others.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Help Promote the Johnny Depp Dark Shadows Movie Project!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 01:36:01 AM »
Welcome to the Forums, Raycheetah!

Discussion of the TV Vote is ongoing in the topic "Can use your help, We are doing great!," which can be found on this board.

The topic "It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp," created for discussion and links to articles concerning the movie project, is currently is stickied to the top of the Current Talk '07 II board.

Offline Raycheetah

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »
Ah, thank you, Midnite!

Still learning my way around the crypt... er, boards! When I did a search, I had located a thread pertaining to the Johnny Depp film project (something like "Why are we not talking about this?"), but, the thread was locked. Sorry about that.

-RC =^[.]^=

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 02:01:27 AM »
No problem, Raycheetah.  Hope to continue seeing more from you!

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 02:21:41 AM »

Hi Ray, welcome to the forum!!  I hope the Depp movie pans out.  Would be lovely to see a Dark Shadows feature film on the big screen with such a popular star!! Maybe seeing the Dark Shadows' name on the TV_Vote site will help people rekindle their interest in their childhood show!  If it reaches the Top 40 list, they'll be able to vote for their past and present favorite shows.  I hope people here will consider voting for the fun of fan camaraderie and power.

As Midnite said, there's another thread about the TV_Vote and we could use your support!!
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Raycheetah

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:28:57 AM »
Thank you both so very much for the warm welcome!

I'll be glad to help out however I can with the TV Vote Dark Shadows nomination; it's already interested folks from my other fandom, Firefly, in DS, which will be a really big help come time to fill seats in the theaters when the JD DS movie comes out!

I'll be over to join you on the TV Vote thread tomorrow, most likely.

-Raycheetah =^[.]^=