Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0430  (Read 1201 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0430
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:30:23 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0430
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:31:44 PM »
What an episode!  I truly believed that Barnabas's love could bring Josette back from the grave.  The final scene was the flip side of an amazing scene from a while back, when Barnabas told Josette that she must leave, and she refused to do so.  This time, it was Josette telling Barnabas that they could not be together, and Barnabas was the one who refused to believe it.  I don't blame him.  "The dead must rest."  I don't understand it: the dead Josette is so different from the living Josette.  But I believed in the change, even though I don't understand it.

Josette's mother must have died quite young, and Natalie must have been a mother to Josette since before Josette could remember.  Poor, poor Natalie.

Barnabas's ring is still missing.  If Josette had not lost the ring, might his vampire power over her have continued so that she would not have feared to become a vampire herself, and so that she would not have gone off of Widows Hill?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
Either that, or she'd have turned into Gollum.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »
I felt sorry for Barnabas, he so desperately wants Josette to come back, but this is the wrong way for that to happen. As he continued to command Josette to return to him I kept thinking, what part of no does he not understand? She didn't want to come back and he shouldn't have forced her to. He knows what it's like to come back to life, he shouldn't have placed her in that horrible position either.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »
Barnabas was acting like a spoiled child in this episode. He was selfish and was only thinking of himself. [tantrum]

Poor Natalie. Indeed, I believe she was a surrogate mother to Josette, and mourns her greatly. [bawl]

I loved Josette's voice when Barnabas was "summoning" her. There was a lot of pain in her voice, which was quiet and very otherworldly. Kudos to KLS. [clap2]

Poor Barnabas - he couldn't bear to be without Josette. But he has to accept that she is gone forever, because of Angelique's treachery. [cryg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
Certain disasters, plus the absolute certainty that there's never going to be any way out, can reduce normally reserved, controlled adults to blubbering babies, or something close to it.  We all have limits.

We all may think we can imagine an intolerable situation with no way out (though few can)... but we die eventually.   Being immortal multiplies it all to infinity.    I don't blame anyone for breaking down or being selfish, at least sometimes, in those circumstances.

I wish the makeup had been better.   What'd the mortician do to Josette's eye?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 06:39:46 AM »
Why do all the gravediggers in Collinsport seem to bury their clients six inches below the surface sans a sealed coffin?  The bodies always seem to rise with so little trouble. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »
The really interesting thing is that the state of Maine doesn't even break ground to bury people in the winter because the ground is much too hard. Burials are held off until the spring thaw. So, one wonders how Ben would have even been able to bury Angelique at all?! But then again, the climate in Collinsport is quite obviously unlike any other climate in the region.  [snow_cheesy]  People may seemingly wear winter coats all year long, but the leaves not only remain on the trees/bushes all year long, they also remain perpetually green.  [snow_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »
So, one wonders how Ben would have even been able to bury Angelique at all?!
Vicky had a power drill hidden in the Collins Family History.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »
So, one wonders how Ben would have even been able to bury Angelique at all?!
Vicky had a power drill hidden in the Collins Family History.

Good one.....