Author Topic: I Saw Mommie Kissing Tony Petersen!  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
I Saw Mommie Kissing Tony Petersen!
« on: May 20, 2002, 09:28:44 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Well, I for one, was glad to see the return of the precocious David Collins.  Did you dig Davey's groovy Nehru suit?  (And, am I the only one who remembers when Johnny Carson and Doc Severinsen sported the same type Nehru suit on the Tonight Show?)

Did you catch the gleam in Roger's eye when he told Cassandra that they could now go on their oft-postponed one-month-long honeymoon.  The guy was positively ebullient!  (Hey, can you blame him?)

We learned an interesting tidbit of information today when Tony told Cassandra that, in addition to being Dr. Julia Hoffman's attorney, he was also the late Dr. Eric Lang's attorney.  

Remember, when Julia Hoffman, psychiatrist extraodinare, entrusted her so-called earth-shattering diary to Tony?  After reviewing Eric Lang's contracts/bills (as Lang's attorney) for all of those medical gizmos, gadgets and surgical equipment, Tony must have said to himself, "No wonder why the medical malpractice insurance rates for Collinsport are so proverbially right up through the roof!"

Finally, you had to love the conversation between the somewhat spacy Cassandra and the no-nonsense, feet-on-the-ground Mrs. Johnson.  "Do you have very vivid dreams?  Do you know why Dr. Hoffman went to Dr. Lang's house, Mrs. Johnson?"  "No, it's none of my 'bleeping' business!" Mrs. Johnson probably would have liked to replied.  

You know, Mrs. Johnson, in a private moment, probably said to herself, "Prince Roger, really picked himself another winner-for-a-wife!"  The late Clarice Blackburn was simply fantastic in this wonderful Dark Shadows episode.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, former Marraige-Encounter Counselor.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: I Saw Mommie Kissing Tony Petersen!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 10:03:24 PM »
LoL Bob
those suits had a shelf life of about 1 minute
didn't Broadway Joe N. wear one
notice how they haven't come back YET!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline deron

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 10:09:31 PM »

LoL Bob
those suits had a shelf life of about 1 minute
didn't Broadway Joe N. wear one
notice how they haven't come back YET!

jennifer

I told someone about 15 years ago that you would never see bell bottoms again!  While they are not the exactly the same, they look close enough these days!

So, anythings possible.  I just hope it's after my kids grow up.  I couldn't imagine buying clothes for my kids that look like David's wardrobe.

deron

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 10:28:16 PM »
Did you dig Davey's groovy Nehru suit?  (And, am I the only one who remembers when Johnny Carson and Doc Severinsen sported the same type Nehru suit on the Tonight Show?)

Some of my classmates had Nehru jackets, even the girls.  That's one style that sure didn't last long.

We learned an interesting tidbit of information today when Tony told Cassandra that, in addition to being Dr. Julia Hoffman's attorney, he was also the late Dr. Eric Lang's attorney.

This is my 4th time seeing the series but only the 1st time it has hit me that Jerry Lacy is kinda hot.  I wonder why I never noticed that before?

After reviewing Eric Lang's contracts/bills (as Lang's attorney) for all of those medical gizmos, gadgets and surgical equipment, Tony must have said to himself, "No wonder why the medical malpractice insurance rates for Collinsport are so proverbially right up through the roof!"

LOL!

And okay, who wishes Cassandra had still been around to put a no-talking spell on Hallie?

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2002, 01:59:53 AM »
The late Clarice Blackburn was simply fantastic in this wonderful Dark Shadows episode.

I think Blackburn is fantastic in every episode she appears in, and her talents are something you appreciate more with second (and third and fourth) viewings of the series. She's a real crack-up whether she's Mrs. Johnson, Abigail or Minerva. I'm always glad to see her when she pops up on the screen.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2002, 02:30:07 AM »
I wanted a Nehru jacket so bad back then I could just taste it.  However, my parents would not allow the "latest fashions", considering them to be "beatnik clothes" (later, they said "hippie clothes", when "hippie" was no longer in vogue; they were always kinda behind the times).  I couldn't get my first pair of wire-rim glasses until I was a junior in high school, in 1973.  That same year, I combed the part out of my hair.  You woulda thought the world had ended.

Gerard

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2002, 05:32:34 AM »
I wanted a Nehru jacket so bad back then I could just taste it.  However, my parents would not allow the "latest fashions", considering them to be "beatnik clothes" (later, they said "hippie clothes", when "hippie" was no longer in vogue; they were always kinda behind the times).  I couldn't get my first pair of wire-rim glasses until I was a junior in high school, in 1973.  That same year, I combed the part out of my hair.  You woulda thought the world had ended.

Gerard

I can definitely relate. The only way we could listen to the Beatles was with our teenaged cousins who bought their albums.  The "Rubber Soul" album was definitely considered "hippie music" in our house.
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2002, 07:40:05 AM »

This is my 4th time seeing the series but only the 1st time it has hit me that Jerry Lacy is kinda hot.  I wonder why I never noticed that before?

Same here Midnite! It must be something about viewing these episodes for the 3rd or 4th time. LOL!  Now that you mentioned it, he does seem to have a sexy way about him. Evidently, Cassandra thinks so too.  ;)

Got to hand to Mrs.Johnson! Love the way she replies back to all of Cassandra's seemingly annoyning questions![pain]  The funny thing is that she seems to get away with it. At one point during the show, Cassandra even seemed to be getting a headache [spin] after listening to Mrs.Johnson's quick comebacks as to why she doesn't believe in dreams![rollb]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2002, 03:09:13 PM »
I only new one boy in my 6th grade class who had one of those very in "nehru" jackets.  He was the real wise --- in our class.  We were way to middle class for the "in" clothes.  My mother never let me have white go go boots either.  I am still crushed.  

Another thing if my son could not speak or hold a pen, never mind calling the family doctor.  I would have rushed him to the hospital.
Roger Collins please take parenting 101.

I love Mrs. Johnson.  Clarice Blackburn was a superb actress.  How many of us know a person who is like Mrs. Johnson, a tell it like it is person.
She always is on the mark.

Birdie-- who is afraid as she gets older she might just say whatever she wants to anyone.  What is it when you hit 40?  
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2002, 04:51:05 PM »
How come Clarice Blackburn wasn't in parallel Time 1970?  It appears she may have played Hannah Stokes, as that actress (Paula Lawrence) is a lot like CB.

Had DS continued, I wonder if they would have recast Mrs. Johnson (and David for that matter)

Joey

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2002, 06:09:47 PM »
How come Clarice Blackburn wasn't in parallel Time 1970?  It appears she may have played Hannah Stokes, as that actress (Paula Lawrence) is a lot like CB.

Had DS continued, I wonder if they would have recast Mrs. Johnson (and David for that matter)

Joey

Good question, Joey.  I think Clarice woulda been great as some character in 1970PT, but I would envision her as something even more than Auntie Hannah.  She shoulda been the complete opposite of her repressed, bun-so-tight-it'll-put-out-an-eye-if-it-ever-came-lose, Alice-in-perpetual-menopause housekeeper character.  Toss that wig, let her natural red hair flair out, put her in some Mary Richards sweaters and bell-bottom jeans, and let the good times roll!

Gerard

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2002, 07:56:17 PM »
I like Clarice Blackburn best as Mrs. Johnson. You don't see a whole lot of her, but when she's on she's good. I like the way she deals with people, not just the meager housekeeper that anyone can push around, and copes very well with the strange household she has to live and work in. On fashion notes and music, I don't remember Nehru jackets. I did wear bellbottoms in the mid 70's. In the 60's and 70's all the latest "hippie music" was popular in our house with me and my older brothers. We had enough records to open our own music store. It drove our dad nuts.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2002, 09:01:51 PM »

Some of my classmates had Nehru jackets, even the girls.  That's one style that sure didn't last long.

LOL!

And okay, who wishes Cassandra had still been around to put a no-talking spell on Hallie?

I think it was when was Tony, Midnite, He was so icky
as the Trasks and those hairstyles LOL

jennifer

Or no WHINING spell!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Thom

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2002, 06:41:10 AM »
One of the reasons Clarice wasn't in the 1970 PT story - or the DS  House of DS movie - she was playing Amy Snowden on Where The Heart Is.  She came back for a few cameo apps as Mrs. J in the 1970 Gerard/Daphne storyline and was prominent in the 1995 story right after 1970PT.