Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #178  (Read 571 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #178
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:19:11 PM »
ShadowGram Online Dark Shadows News Updates List
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Update List
An Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM
ShadowGram@aol.com

Number 178. November 12, 2007.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news.

**** DAVID SELBY - NEWS

David (Quentin Collins) continues to act in TV and film roles. His newest book, the novel "Better Angel," will be available soon.

--- David guest-stars in the next episode of the drama "Cold Case," airing on CBS on Sun., Nov. 18 at 9:00-10:00 pm ET/PT. (Please check your local listings)

CBS publicity: "As the team investigates whether a teenaged girl, who caused a stir by dressing and acting like a boy, was a victim of murder and not suicide as was believed in 1963, they also learn the consequences of Internal Affairs' investigation of Valens (Danny Pino). Emmy Award winner Michael Constantine ("Room 222," "My Big Fat Greek Wedding") and David Selby ("Tell Me You Love Me," "Falcon Crest") guest star.

--- SG in print and this SG Updates List have followed David's role as "Arthur Foster" in HBO's adult drama, "Tell Me You Love Me." The 10-episode series debuted 9-9 and the season finale aired last night,
11-11. All episodes are available through HBO-On-Demand.

"Tell Me You Love Me" has been renewed for a second season.

Also, "Tell Me You Love Me: The Complete First Season" will be released in a 4-disc DVD set on Feb. 12, 2008. Retail price is expected to be $69.98.

**** BEN MARTIN PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT

Ben (DS Photographer & Pomegranate Press co-publisher) presents an exhibit of his photos of the iconic French mime Marcel Marceau, who died 9-22. This display already was being planned at the time of his passing

The exhibit opened 10-24 and runs through 12-3 at the Rowan Public Library, located at 201 W. Fisher St., Salisbury, NC 28144.

Ben, a Salisbury native and longtime photographer for Time-Life, was a close friend of Marceau since the 1970s. Ben wrote, photographed, and designed the 1978 book"Marcel Marceau: Master of Mime," which won the Best Design Book Award from the American Book Publishers Association.

Fans attending the exhibit are encouraged to please send reports, pictures, local publicity and press materials to SG's e- or postal-mail addresses so fans who cannot attend can share your experience with you, through upcoming SG print issues.

**** "DS: THE BEGINNING" - FINAL DVD SET OF EPISODES TO BE RELEASED IN DECEMBER

SG has announced, reported, and updated MPI's release of DS episodes since the company began marketing them on VHS video in 1989. In recent years, MPI has issued 4-disc DVD sets with 40 episodes (10 per disc). These have every episode from Barnabas' first appearance to the final aired episode. Each set also includes bonus materials such as interviews with cast/crew members, original promos, special compilations, background features, and more.

The "DS: The Beginning" DVD sets present all the pre-Barnabas shows, 35 episodes per release. They cover the first 10 months of DS, starting with Episode #1 as Victoria arrives in Collinsport and
continuing to Episode #209, just before Barnabas is freed from his coffin.

The first set came out 1-07, with a total of 6 "The Beginning" sets in bi-monthly releases. As with previous "The Beginning" sets, this final DVD Set #6 initially will be available exclusively to members of MPI's DS DVD Club. Copies of Set #6 will start shipping to Club members in December. Retail sales will follow in approximately 6 months.

Set #6 offers 32 episodes plus extensive bonus materials. These include: Extra footage for Episode #191 (the destruction of Laura). A restored Episode #209 (Barnabas' arrival at Collinwood), taken from the original video master and not seen since the original ABC airdate (a kinescope has been used in reruns and videotape release). Also: Original 1967 commercials; Worldvision DS syndication sales reel and promos; Sci Fi Channel DS merchandise commercials; new interview with writer Malcolm Marmorstein; and vintage Joan Bennett newsreel footage from the 1940s-50s.

Information / To join the MPI Club, contact MPI directly. www.darkshadowsdvd.com MPI Media Group, 16101 S. 108th Ave., Orland Park, IL 60467. Phone: 1-800-323-0442

**** PURPORTED "DS PROPS" SOLD ONLINE

SG has been informed that, once again, some items offered on online sources such as eBay have been described as "authentic props / costumes from Dark Shadows."

Props, costumes, accessories, furnishings, and other materials actually used on DS have been lost over the years and are very rare today. The DS Festival has access to authentic, original items and offers them for bid at our annual Fest conventions during auctions that benefit charities selected by our DS guests.

Dan Curtis Productions informs SG that these alleged props are bogus, other than the handful of legitimate items that have been offered at the DS Festival auctions over the years and that may occasionally be resold via the internet. Fans should e-mail the DS Festival to verify validity if they discover an alleged prop or costume being sold or auctioned online. E-mail: pansyfaye@darkshadowsfestival.com

When an individual or company states an object is "authentic," fans are advised to insist upon proof beyond "a certificate of authenticity." Request an actual episode number(s) and scene(s) where
the item clearly is being seen, worn, or used. Ask for a photo of the actor(s)/actress(es) on-set with the item. Research the item to be sure it is identical to what has been stated and that it matches what was shown on TV. Carefully inquire as to the source, proof, and other background information.

*** The above news will be expanded and detailed in the upcoming published SG #112 edition of ShadowGram, The Official DS Newsletter & News Source. That issue is being prepared now for all postal-mail subscribers. This Updates List will announce when it is published and mailed.

**** Subscription information for the ShadowGram Newsletter print issues follows. When your order arrives, I will send you the current SG #111 published issue to start your subscription. SG #112 and subsequent issues will be sent to postal-mail subscribers as they are published..

Thank you.
Marcy Robin

ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
Marcy Robin, P.O. Box 1766, Temple City, CA 91780-7766