Author Topic: Julianna McCarthy on Cold Case  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Julianna McCarthy on Cold Case
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:43:18 PM »
Julianna McCarthy (the '91 series' Mrs. Johnson/Abigail) appeared as a witness in this past Sunday's episode of Cold Case, which involved a 1938 murder which took place on the same night as the radio broadcast of Orson Welles' The War of the Worlds:

In that third capture her character was definitely experiencing an Abigail moment.  [wink2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Julianna McCarthy on Cold Case
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »
Fantastic screen grabs, MB!  I enjoyed it a lot, but their themed eps are usually my favorites anyway.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »
Fantastic screen grabs, MB!

Well, that's mostly due to the wonders of HDTV. It's amazing how much better it is. And hopefully in two weeks I'll post some grabs of Selby in all his HD glory.  [hall2_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »
The fourth photograph really reminds me of Clarice, for some reason.  (I didn't find that Julianna's performance as Mrs J--which I enjoyed because of her own pizzazz as an actress--particularly reminded me in any way of Clarice.)

I don't know anything about "Cold Case" or HDTV but am delighted at the opportunity to see Julianna again!

G.

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »
I haven't watched the show but recently came across a video on Youtube of Veronica Lauren("Sarah" from the 91 show) on Cold Case as well.  I'm guessing it was some time in late spring/early summer since it was posted on youtube in June.  Anyway, here's the link.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-BgPMSDR0

it's too bad this girl doesn't get as much work as Joseph Gordon Levitt.  She's a good actress and very pretty. 
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:26:52 PM »
Yeah, that episode with Veronica Lauren was shown on April 1st. I have a recording of it (not in HD, alas), but I've never gotten around to posting any captures or video from it. I've been figuring something will show up one day in the Members' Archive. Though, of course, the Members' Archive itself will have to show up first before that can happen.  [hall2_undecided]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:14:38 AM »
Thanks, CrazyJenny!

hopefully in two weeks I'll post some grabs of Selby in all his HD glory.  [hall2_wink]

Woo hoo   [hall2_cheesy]

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
I just watched the 91 series DVDs again a couple of weeks ago, as I had begun to pine; I've always thought Julianna McCarthy was really, really good -- as lovable as Mrs. J. as she was sinister as Abigail. A fine bit of casting.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 02:42:30 AM »
I just watched the 91 series DVDs again a couple of weeks ago, as I had begun to pine; I've always thought Julianna McCarthy was really, really good -- as lovable as Mrs. J. as she was sinister as Abigail. A fine bit of casting.
I'll say! I, too, recently took this stroll down memory lane, and I took particular notice of Ms. McCarthy. It was so interesting to me to watch her as Mrs. J, knowing what was coming, and when Abigail entered the scene, it was like BANG! Well done! [clap2]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »
hopefully in two weeks I'll post some grabs of Selby in all his HD glory.  [hall2_wink]

Woo hoo   [hall2_cheesy]

I was disappointed that Selby didn't appear in the previews because I was going to post something to wet fans' appetites (even though I'm sure they don't need all that much wetting  [hall2_grin]). But, alas...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »
Julianna McCarthy, for me, provided the ONLY noteworthy performance in the 1991 revival series--apart from Barbara Steele's Julia.  I thought McCarthy's understated malevolence helped give some bite to the threat to Vicki from the witch hunters--I frankly found Roy Thinnes so over-the-top as to be laughable in his work as Trask (and were those eyebrows REALLY the preserved flattened millipedes they appeared to be???).  I'm sure the directors are to blame (and most like DC is to blame most of all) since several people I have seen do excellent work in other venues were either way off-the-hook or just plain bad here.

cheers, G.