Author Topic: FAVORITE SCENE????  (Read 3323 times)

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
FAVORITE SCENE????
« on: May 20, 2002, 04:24:37 AM »
Please list favorite scenes that you could watch over and ever again.   ::)
mine are:

Willie when he finds barnabas... What acting...Incredible scene in every way, set, lighting..Bravo.  Like a silent films classic.  :D

When Naomi enters for the first time in 1795.  She sort of sweeps in.   Just in time to save the day.   ;)

When Nathan first comes on to Millicent.  She is putting on her coat and he ask her if she is going out.. Well you know the rest.  I laugh and laugh....as Millicent makes a jerk of her self giggling, head swinging around,  curls bouncing letting Nathan know she is easy pray.  Also LOve his sneaky phony laugh.  :o

I guess most all scenes with Nathan and Millicent are my favorite and of course all scenes with Elizabeth.  :D  :D

Almost forgot, when the  countess makes her entrance in 1795.  Delightful... :D
I must go to my room and rest.

Offline mordecaigrimes

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: FAVORITE SCENE????
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 04:35:18 AM »
One of my favorite scenes is when Barnabas finally sees the ghost of Sarah.  His love for her seems so realistic, as does his anguish when she leaves.

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 06:28:09 AM »
Elizabeth,
 My very favorite scene is definately the scene in 1840 where Barnbas proclaims his love for Angelique. I cry everytime I watch it. And I'm really not the crying type, either. These two actors/actresses were just so wonderful and it just seemed right to have them together after all of the years. It just was so sad how she never found out his true feelings until it was too late. It is honestly my favorite moment I have ever watched on any show. It's sad, television just isn't as good as it used to be.

-Lindsey

Can you tell I'm a die-hard Angelique-Barnabas fan!?)
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 06:50:41 AM »
Laura being consumed by flames.  I remember  viewing this when it first aired in 1967--it was quite scary and so unlike anything on daytime TV then.

Willie opening the coffin and unknowingly releasing a vampire.

Mrs. Johnson answering a knock on the door to find Barnabus Collins--a cousin from England.

MM

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2002, 08:32:32 AM »
Julia confronts Barnabas in her bedroom when he comes to kill her.

All the scenes between Julia and Tom Jennings.  :D

Barnabas and Julia in 1995, just after he learns that she has betrayed him to the sheriff.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2002, 09:24:28 AM »
1795! I could watch that time period over & over again, it's my favorite. ;)
I especially love when Angelique makes her entrance for the first time into the old house. It was just too bad that it had to be in black & white and not color.

Another favorite was when Angelique goes to the masoleum with Ben and is planning on staking Barnabas in the coffin. Instead, Barnabas awakens just in time to stop her from doing this.

I also loved the scene when Barnabas shoots Angelique and she, thinking that she is dying, places the curse on him for all eternity. [batang]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 09:50:33 AM »
SPOILERS FOR LEVIATHAN STORY

I'm not sure if any of these are actually my favorite scene; a lot of the ones already mentioned might be better.

But there's an episode in Leviathan with 3 blockbuster scenes right after another.  Barnabas shows up to warn Angelique that her husband is with the Leviathans.  She won't believe him.  Then, her husband is expecting an important visitor, who enters and turns out to be Nicholas.  There's quite a scene with lots of things said with "double meanings" - and then Angelique and Nicholas get their showdown together.  That leads to some excitement between the husband and wife.  Really an incredible sequence.

The last time around I missed taping it.  I couldn't recall exactly how it all went down and I knew they were such fantastic scenes, so I went and rented that volume again to make sure not to miss it.
Josette

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 04:53:41 PM »
Any scene with Tom and Chris jennings!
spoilers:
but there are too many to list
some favorites:
Barnabas tells Julia "never without you"
Seeing Quentin first time in 1897
The trial of Desmond and Quentin and the escape!
Desmond seeing his friends back to the future!
Chris telling Amy he might not be able to stay!
and many more......

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2002, 05:30:07 PM »
1795 - Angelique knocks on Barnabas' door and we learn that they had a torrid affair in Martinique--which she wants to continue, but he does not.

Barnabas and Angelique's sad little wedding ceremony, where she is the only one who is happy.  Barnabas, Ben and Naomi are so solemn, as if this were a funeral instead of a wedding.

Angelique curses Barnabas as a vampire and the bat swoops in and bites him.  Shortly afterwards, Ben comes in to find husband and wife lying on the floor, both bleeding and in bad shape.

Barnabas kills Nathan after playing with him as a cat does a mouse.  When Nathan shoots him at the Eagle, Barnabas informs him that he is already dead.

Barnabas and Joshua's farewell just before Ben locks Barnabas in the coffin for 175 years.  Very poignant.  I also was sad to see Ben say goodbye to his friend before locking him away.  Sad!

SPOILERS. . .

1841PT - Catherine tells Bramwell she's having his child.

Leviathan - Carolyn and Jeb awaken in bed together on their wedding night--very racy for DS!

Leviathan - Megan, a new vampire, enjoys herself by biting Roger Collins.  

1968 - Adam says "Barnabas"--his first word!

1968 - Barnabas goes to Cassandra to beg her to let Eric Lang live--and tells her she can have him back if she agrees.  He seems at one point as if he's going to bite her and she covers her throat to stop him, but he takes her hand and brings it. . .where?  We can only speculate.

1968 - Angelique, now a vampire, sinks her fangs into Barnabas as he screams in pain and terror over her shoulder.  You can see how tightly she's holding onto him, and how much she enjoys making him her victim.  A few eps later, she kidnaps him and spirits him to a hut near the sea, where she kneels behind him and bites his throat--erotic to the hilt!  The last time she bites him, hoping to turn him into a vampire and take him away with her, he tells her, "I'm dying." and she begs him not to be afraid.

There are dozens of favorite scenes, but these are a few that come to me right now.

Love, Robin

Offline deron

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2002, 06:16:08 PM »
Spoilers!!!!

Without a doubt, during the Quentin's ghost storyline, I love the scene at the end of the episode that Quentin drives the whole family out of Collinwood.  Roger, before he closes the door, yells, "We'll be back, I promise you that" or something to that effect.  The camera then pans through all the main rooms of the great house and all you hear is Quentins theme and finally you see his ghost on top of the stairs laughing.

To me, that was one of the better moments in the series.  I loved the whole episode, but that final scene, I could watch over and over.

deron

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2002, 06:56:51 PM »
For me, it's the scene in 1897 when Judith reads the will before her siblings:  Edward, Quentin and Carl, revealing who is the absolute heir to the entire Collins fortune.  It was so extremely well crafted, written and acted by all involved.

Judith:  "Keep it up, Quentin, and you'll end up with less than nothing."

Gerard

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2002, 07:24:00 PM »
A great question, Elizabeth.   Let's see-

Barnabas released from his coffin and his arrival at Collinwood.  :o

After being cured, Barnabas basks in sunlight on the hospital balcony.  ;D

SPOILERS BELOW!!

The first appearance of Quentin's ghost and the scene where he drives the Collins family from the house.   :o

1897: I recall an especially juicy kissing scene between Beth and Quentin that I look forward to seeing again!   :P

1897: Quentin finds a very animated Edith Collins in her coffin.  :o

1840:  The last scene where Angelique sacrifices herself for love and dies in Barnabas' arms.

1840 PT:  Morgan fights Bramwell and falls to his death.

1971: The final DS scene where Julia and Barnabas return from PT and all is well.   ;D

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2002, 08:05:47 PM »
Great question Elizabeth.  Lets see.....

Willie going to the mausoleum and lets Barnabas out.

Barnabas and Sarah.  That was a great scene. He loved his little sister so very much.

Barnabas, in the hospital, and he can finally see the sun in 175 years.

SPOILER******

1840.  When Barnabas finally tell Angelique, that yes, he does love her.  But she died before she hears it.  Talk about a tear-jerker......

Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2002, 09:18:18 PM »
There are SO many, but here are just a few of my favorites:

Willie releasing Barnabas from his coffin.

Maggie's last minute escape as Barnabas is coming to kill her.

An aged Barnabas biting Carolyn

Sarah's ghost appearing to Barnabas.

A seemingly dying Angelique placing the vampire curse on Barnabas.

Barnabas and Joshua's final scene in 1795.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Chris changing into the werewolf in front of Joe.

Quentin's ghost forcing the family out of Collinwood.

The destruction of Collinwood by Gerard's army of zombies.

Desmond's farewell to Barnabas, Julia and Stokes as they return to the present.

And too many more to mention!  Great topic, elizabeth!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2002, 10:26:39 PM »
Craig Slocum's scenes are my favorites, so I would watch those. A few of the best are, as Noah Gifford in 1795, he is hired by Nathan Forbes to kill Daniel Collins. He chases him through the graveyard, to the mausoleum. Daniel is hiding in the secret room. As Harry Johnson in the Adam storyline, the scene where he tries to leave the House By The Sea, after a visit with Nicholas Blair, and he can't get out. He goes back into the drawing room, which is dark and Nicholas has disappeared. A frightened Harry looks for a way out, then a spooky floating hand moves toward him, and he cries out. Also the scene when Harry comes back from the Blue Whale one night and his Mom (Mrs. Johnson) is waiting up for him. They go into the drawing room and she accuses him of stealing food from the kitchen. That whole dialogue was funny.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan