Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0418  (Read 915 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0418
« on: October 31, 2007, 06:21:35 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0418
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:55:56 PM »
I think that final scene between Barnabas and Josette must be among my top ten Dark Shadows scenes.  Josette makes it seem so absolutely right that they should be together, and we know that it is now so wrong.

When Barnabas talks about the very little humanity left in him, it seemed like a physical thing - as if some very small percent of his body were still human, and being eaten away by his vampire part.

Then we get Angelique, and there is zero humanity left in her.  Before she died, the humanity in her wanted to undo her curse, but after she died, the curse took over her.  She made a deal with the devil, and now he is taking his payment.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:51:27 PM »
Never thought of that.   They don't necessarily tell you why things are really happening, ever.

[female_skull] [female_skull] [female_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:44:53 AM »
When Barnabas was throttling Ben, it reminded me of Julia. Ben had the distinction of being the first "friendly person" who Barnabas throttled. [winkg] I was struck by the statement Barnabas made to Ben about the "old Barnabas" never would have laid a hand on him. He is now the "new Barnabas" - and he will never be the same again.  [hall_sad]

Angelique is still one powerful witch - even in death, she is a force to be reckoned with. [witch]  Now she seems to be even more powerful than before.  [hall_shocked]

Yes, indeed, that last scene with Barnabas and Josette was one to remember. It was so sad to see them that way. Poor Barnabas seems like he couldn't resist the temptation of Josette's luscious neck. [Bat] He was torn between his "old self" and "new self". Kind of reminds me of someone with split-personality disorder.  [hall_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »
Why did ben have to mention to Barnabas that Josette believed Barnabas would return to her? That only weakened Barnabas's resolve never to go near her.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"