Author Topic: Smokin' in the Drawing Room  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Smokin' in the Drawing Room
« on: May 18, 2002, 04:54:53 AM »
Do you think LIZ knew Julia was smoking in the HOUSE?? In the Drawing Room of all places. . it looks like she smoked a whole pack too!  

Fun note that Julia said she had stopped (cuz Barnabas gave me a sour look about it  :)). . .let's see next time we see her smoke (or at least they infer it) is in Chris's cottage, is that right??[pimp]  (yes, I luv the pimp emicon)  Now everyone sing the song. . Smoking in the Drawing Room. . .
Julia99

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Re: Smokin' in the Drawing Room
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 05:01:54 AM »
Probably in those days they didn't know it stinks up the drapes, furniture, etc.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 05:17:23 AM »
I was surprised when I saw her smoking. Although I probably should not have been. Look like she did have sevral too! But as long as she only does it wo calm herself down.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 08:44:38 AM »
I'm sure we've seen her smoking on numerous occasions, which was why I was so surprised that Vicki had no idea that she did it!
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 09:29:32 AM »
I'm sure we've seen her smoking on numerous occasions, which was why I was so surprised that Vicki had no idea that she did it!

When Julia first arrived on the scene, she did seem to smoke alot. I remember her scenes with Dr.Woodard, and it seemed like she always had a cigarette in her mouth back then. Since Vicky arrived back from the past though, I haven't seen her smoking at all. I just figured with the new hairstyle and look, she decided to give up the old habit once and for all. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2002, 03:34:37 PM »
I only wish Grayson Hall had given up smoking sooner.  I always wince when I see her with a cigarette in her mouth.  

I think on soaps in the era of the 60's, only BAD characters smoked, and perhaps they wanted to present Julia as a bad girl (remember, she was slated to be killed off).  Once the show returned from the past, she was morphing into Barnabas' friend/confidant, and they changed her persona by mostly eliminating the smoking.  She was only smoking in this scene because of extreme nervousness and stress.

Love, Robin

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2002, 04:10:36 PM »
I only wish Grayson Hall had given up smoking sooner.  I always wince when I see her with a cigarette in her mouth.  

I think on soaps in the era of the 60's, only BAD characters smoked, and perhaps they wanted to present Julia as a bad girl (remember, she was slated to be killed off).  Once the show returned from the past, she was morphing into Barnabas' friend/confidant, and they changed her persona by mostly eliminating the smoking.  She was only smoking in this scene because of extreme nervousness and stress.

Love, Robin

think you are right Robin! but i'd probably need
one too if i was making that creation too and i've
never smoked!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

hooked

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 08:02:39 PM »
I just wanted to say that when I read that Grayson Hall died of lung cancer I actually cried.  She meant a lot to me in the series and it was as if someone very close to me had passed.  Everyone in the show seems like an old friend and I miss them all.  Heres to them.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2002, 10:34:28 PM »
I just wanted to say that when I read that Grayson Hall died of lung cancer I actually cried.  She meant a lot to me in the series and it was as if someone very close to me had passed.  Everyone in the show seems like an old friend and I miss them all.  Heres to them.

Hi Hooked,  Welcome to the club! [wavey]

I agree, Grayson has surely been missed by all her DS and movie fans. Whenever I would see her with a cigarette in the beginning of the series,  I would cringe, as now knowing what illness she had passed away from. I had heard that she actually did quit smoking, I believe for many years before her death.  Apparently though, the damage was already done long ago. :(
"Calamity Jane"

hooked

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 01:13:10 AM »
Thank you Cassandra.  I have been reading for months and I thoroughly enjoy this forum.  Its great to be here with all of you.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2002, 01:51:30 AM »
Do you think LIZ knew Julia was smoking in the HOUSE?? In the Drawing Room of all places. . it looks like she smoked a whole pack too!

I'm guessing that Julia's cigarettes were a lot less stinky then Roger's Havanan cigars ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 11:03:17 AM »
Welcome, Hooked! Glad to have you with us. :)  If you've been reading for months, then presumably you've discovered that there's quite a group of Grayson fans!!
Josette

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2002, 09:37:38 AM »
As another long time lurker in the shadows...I too am a big GH fan and cringe everytime she lights up on the screen.   I'm glad they got to the point of downplaying those nasty 'coffin nails'.    Dawn
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2002, 10:21:54 AM »
 Welcome Dawn! :)                                
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2002, 10:35:38 AM »
Thanks!  I'm glad to be here.  Love DS.  Dawn :D
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.