Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0395  (Read 881 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0395
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0395
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 07:09:23 AM »
What an episode!  So many riveting scenes packed in.

Angelique is to be congratulated on reaching a new low today.  First she made Barnabas miserable by causing Josette and Jeremiah to betray him.  Next she manipulated him into agreeing to marrying her, even though she knew that he doesn't love her.  And today she would not give up even though she knew that the marriage would impoverish him and create a rift between him and his father.  Nice work!

Naomi's gift of the Old House to Barnabas is another example of the many good deeds with unfortunate consequences in the 1795 storyline, but at this point I don't think it matters.  It is hypothetically possible that if Barnabas and Angelique had relocated in some place far, far away from Collinsport, Barnabas could have gotten a job, recovered from the pain of losing Josette, and found some happiness in his wife's devotion.  But I think that Angelique is fundamentally too discontented for that.  She's always going to want something.  If Barnabas had been easily attainable, how soon would she have tired of him?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:03:53 AM »
I agree, Naomi was smart to give the Old House as a wedding present  to Barnabas and Angelique. How fortuitus that the deed was in her name! [winkg] Naomi told them that "she would handle Joshua" - I guess her way of "handling" him was to have another drink! [winkg]

Joshua was such an overbearing father!  [82b5] It's no wonder that Barnabas was "evil" when Willie first released him from the coffin. Joshua didn't give him a very good example of what a "good" man should be. Poor Barnabas was wrongly being treated as a misbehaving child.  [tantrum]

That was such a sad scene between Josette and Barnabas. You could tell they both loved each other very much, but Angelique had torn them apart. [bawl]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 06:13:37 PM »
I've got to echo lydia's sentiments, what an excellent, superb episode!

Poor Naomi, trying to bridge the gulf between Barnabas and joshua, and she's stuck in the middle. It was very touching that she gave Barnabas the Old house.

What wonderful acting by all!
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »
This is all moving forward really fast.  It seemed as if all of you had just started 1795.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor