Author Topic: A vampire in PJ's and slippers!!!  (Read 1377 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
A vampire in PJ's and slippers!!!
« on: May 17, 2002, 07:23:16 PM »
Barnabas was looking rather daper in his PJ's, robe, and slippers, no?  
I'm so glad that Sci-Fi is showing all the episodes.  When I was a kid, I wasn't always able to watch all the shows, for some reason or another.  
I went away to privite school for 1.5 years, and they were not having any of part of DS.
Thinking back now, I remember how scared I was everytime some one opened a door during the DREAM CURES, now I notice how cheesy it all is.
YOU GOTTA LOVE DS!  
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: A vampire in PJ's and slippers!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 10:45:14 PM »
Hi DSFAN4EVER,   It's great that you're able to watch the full run of the show now!  I use to watch it back in the late 60's with my three sisters and their friends. I was only around 7 years old , so the show seemed pretty scary to me then. I have two teenage daughters who really don't watch the show. (maybe once in a blue moon)  and now that Im older, Im watching the show once again, only this time around, its' with my parents. It's like a real family affair thing with me.  ;)

By the way, I also thought Barnabas looked pretty dapper with his matching blue PJ'S, robe & slippers. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 03:35:03 AM »
I have to comment Barnabas did look very well put together in his robe and slippers.  

One thing that bugs me who in their right mind wears a robe with a shirt and tie.  This drives me nuts.  Not only Barnabas does but Roger and Stokes.  Most men I know untie the blasted thing as soon as they can.  

Another thing and this one to Barnabas's credit.  He had his robe on with such panache.  When I put a rap around robe on the thing is almost always coming undone and I look like a slob.  

Birdiie--who does not wear high heals with her p.j's or nightgown like Vicki does.    
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 03:42:35 AM »
Oh, Birdie....didn't you like the high heels with that nightgown? [lghy]

It's not bad enough that the stupid chiffon thing makes her look like the Graf Zeppelin painted lemon yellow.....she's walking around in Office Black Medium Heels, too.  Somebody from wardrobe should have been slapped for that one....they couldn't find a fuzzy pair of "mules"?

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline blkeagle22

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 04:19:47 AM »
;) robe and ties along with high heels people in the real world would think you had lost you everloving mind.  :D but i think they only did that so they wouldn't  freak some of the so-called normals out . always thought it was classy. and please dont forget the hair styles wind blows hundred miles an hour and not a single hair out of place explain that one to me ;D

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 05:33:44 AM »
8)

Barnabas did look very dapper in that robe.  And I was impressed with how gracefully he was able to hop up on that operating table. *Although, he did look a little worried.  

I do think Barnabas has been looking good since he was temporarily cured of his affliction.  Not sure what it is, clothes, hair or a combination of things.

HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 06:06:11 AM »
I don't think the 'robes' we see the men wearing with their ties are called robes.  I think the proper name for them is smoking jackets.  I don't know why they call them that.  They are a more elaborate than a regular robe.  

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2002, 05:57:16 PM »
I don't think the 'robes' we see the men wearing with their ties are called robes.  I think the proper name for them is smoking jackets.  I don't know why they call them that.  They are a more elaborate than a regular robe.  

Yep, they're called smoking jackets.  IIRC, gentlemen wore them, usually after dinner, so that they could enjoy a fine cigar (or I suppose, a pipe) without getting the odor of the tobacco onto the rest of their clothing.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2002, 11:31:27 PM »
I have to comment Barnabas did look very well put together in his robe and slippers.  

One thing that bugs me who in their right mind wears a robe with a shirt and tie.  This drives me nuts.  Not only Barnabas does but Roger and Stokes.  Most men I know untie the blasted thing as soon as they can.  

Another thing and this one to Barnabas's credit.  He had his robe on with such panache.  When I put a rap around robe on the thing is almost always coming undone and I look like a slob.  

Birdiie--who does not wear high heals with her p.j's or nightgown like Vicki does.    

My grandfather used to wear his plaid Pendleton robe over his shirt and tie after he had my grandmother iron
it but then he was very dapper!
I don't buy robes with ties Birdie but with zippers because mine never stays put either Birdie! LOL!
also aren't smoking jackets shorter than robes?
Reminds me of Daivd Nivens!

jennifer

Also thought that the heels and robe looked stupid too!
sorta like old men and black socks and sandals!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 11:40:15 PM »
I guess I am not that classy.  Hey, I can call my sweats and t-shirt lounge wear.  Would not get caught, parden the expression, dead in that night wear that Vicki wears .  If it isn't cotten or flannel forget it.  Hey, who said a girl wearing feetsy P.J.'s isn't sexy?

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth