Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0389  (Read 864 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0389
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:15:30 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0389
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:27:32 PM »
Another cut-and-paste voiceover.  As Alexandra Moltke was nearing the end of it, I was looking at the door of the Old House, because it always seems to me that it has a screen door, or else a storm door.  And then I looked at the window to the left, and decided that there was a fan in it.

If Angelique had visited Sarah's sickbed, no doubt she would have been very sweet to Sarah, and no doubt Naomi would have thought to herself, "Even if there is a witch in the house, it certainly isn't Angelique!"  Trask is right: evil can wear a pretty face.

Barnabas got a look at the real Angelique today when, instead of rushing down to brew the tea immediately, she first asked for a huge favor from him in return for curing Sarah.  Marriage had never been mentioned between them before; it was always "Come to my room tonight."

Of course Angelique never stopped to think about what Ben said: that if Barnabas knew what sort of a person Angelique really was, he would hate her.  Didn't Angelique ever think to herself: "If Barnabas is the sort of man to go all gooey-eyed over a prissy thing like Josette, is he the man for me?"  No, she figured he fell for Josette's looks and her money - especially her money - and that character had nothing to do with it.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
Notice how Naomi calls for Barnabas and not Joshua when Sarah falls ill. She knows whom she can depend on to help her and Sarah I suppose.

Barnabas's devotion to Sarah is touchingly evident, I love watching them interact.

How can Angelique be so vicious? To harm a child simply to further her own plans, how cold she is.  >:(

Barnabas did some terrible things when he first awakened in 1967, but I believe that was due to his curse and being imprisoned in the coffin for so many years. He was overcome with a kind of madness. But Angelique, what is her excuse? I have no sympathy for her in this episode.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:32:06 PM »
Barnabas did some terrible things when he first awakened in 1967, but I believe that was due to his curse and being imprisoned in the coffin for so many years. He was overcome with a kind of madness. But Angelique, what is her excuse? I have no sympathy for her in this episode.

Power corrupts?

As for BC, I always wonder whether it was the curse of the confinement, but why wouldn't it be both?  I've found that when it seems impossible to make up my mind between two alternatives, it's usually both.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 07:11:23 AM »
I think that Barnabas was just to desperate and said anything to make sure that Sarah would get well. I have one question, if  Vickie had been the one to put on the curse or spell how could she have taken it off, if she was in the room?

I don't think that Barnabas wanted to think that maybe Angelique was the witch.  He was the one that broght it on the family.  He was the one that got involved with her in the first place.

Maybe that was the thing that drove him crazy in the Coffin.  Maybe he felt responsible for everyting that happened to the family.  Maybe he acted bad and did bad things because he really wanted people to hate him.  Maybe in some ways he wanted to be destroyed,

Spoiler:
Later on in the show he became a nicer Vampire.  We know that he's in 1967 because Joshua didn't destroy him.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 10:53:15 AM »
Angelique sure was mean in this episode. It's horrible that she hurt a child just to get what she wanted. She was evil! [devil]

I liked the interaction between Vicki and Sarah. Vicki really had a great rapport with children. I love that red dress she wore, too! [gorgeous]

I was rooting for Ben to kill Angelique, but I knew he would be unsuccessful, because of her power over him. Poor Ben! [bawl] He wanted to help Barnabas and Sarah, but couldn't. [sadg]

I agree, Barnabas only agreed to marry Angelique to save Sarah. His only concern was Sarah - he would do anything to save her.  [deal2]

Great episode! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]