Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0373  (Read 1040 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0373
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:55:59 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0373
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:58:49 AM »
Ben's fierce loyalty to Barnabas is very admirable. He doesn't want Angelique to do anything that will make Barnabas unhappy, and he doesn't want to help her either.

Is it really possible to remove a spider's web from a tree without breaking it?

I love the way Jeremiah stood up to Joshua when he said he had no desire to marry Millicent. Good for him!

Spoiler:

Joshua is very accustomed to getting his way in most matters, which makes me wonder if events hadn't unfolded the way they did, might Jeremiah have ended married to Millicent despite his protests?
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 03:47:06 AM »
I liked the scene between Ben and Angelique in which Ben was amused at her elaborate plans to get Josette and Jeremiah together. She was NOT amused at Ben's reaction. Good acting here.

Millicent arrives to high praise from Joshua, who extols her virtues---for Jeremiah's benefit of course-----but he put Joshua in his place! Good for Jeremiah! Was it common for cousins to marry back in 1795? Perhaps Millicent and Jeremiah were distant cousins. Hmmmmmm?

Once again Vicki reacts and announces the future of Millicent.. She thinks she was sent to 1795 to change things------she's already done that just by being there. I thought this episode was well acted.
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 05:10:31 AM »
That is a good thought about Angelique maybe putting a spell on Barnabas? But then Barnabas just wanted to have some fun when he was away from home.  Joshua is very controling. 

I was thinking that Angelique must have broought  a lot of her suplies with her. I can't see her going into Collinsport and  asking for a headless wooden figure.   I wish Ben would have figured out sooner a way to tell Barnabas what was happening.  Vickie is still being  a dimwit. It is getting boring.

Angelique just wanted the things that Josette has. Even though Angelique might have nice clothes that doesn't change the type of person that she is. When will she ever learn.?

Did you notice the Jerremiah room was Josettes room. They changed the doors  and they moved some things around but the windows were the same.  Was the bed the bed that is in Vickie's room in the present. Also Angeliques room is  the same room that Reverand Track had , how appropriate.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »
I'd like to say, "No, Angelique could not have put a spell on Barnabas in Martinique because she always said he must come to her of his own free will, and because if he hadn't come to her of his own free will in Martinique, she wouldn't have believed that in his heart of hearts he loved her, not Josette."  But that would be to assume that Angelique is invariably rational, which we know is not so.  So it's possible that she gave Barnabas just a smidgin of come-hither black magic, and that he, in the throes of frustration because he believed that Josette wasn't interested in him, responded to her efforts far, far better than the instructions on the bottle promised.  If only he had called out "Josette!" in the middle of the throes of relieving his frustration, then Angelique would have known the score and...oh, well, it's too much to hope that she would have had sense enough to let him be.

I must say: Thank heaven for Millicent!  1795 can be pretty grim, but even when bad things happen to Millicent (that's hardly a spoiler; this wouldn't be Dark Shadows if bad things didn't happen to all and sundry, even the family dog), she's wonderfully ridiculous.  And I loved her hat.  I was going to try to describe it for Sunny_Collins, but there's a picture of it in the Robservations.  I hope that works for you, Sunny_Collins.  If not, say the word, because it's a fine hat.

I never noticed the spinning wheel in Angelique's room until lori54 pointed it out the other day, and now I keep thinking that it would have been neat if Angelique could have used it in a spell - maybe spinning the spiderweb together with the lock of Jeremiah's hair?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
Was it common for cousins to marry back in 1795? Perhaps Millicent and Jeremiah were distant cousins. Hmmmmmm?
This adds a whole new meaning to Roger's comment about his "incestors"! [winkg]

Poor Ben! [cryg] He is fiercely loyal to Barnabas, but Angelique is making him do things to hurt him! [shkdg] He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. [sadg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]